Fresh Raspberries In Filling?!?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm by Monkess

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:27am
post #1 of 4

I need to put some fresh raspberries in a filling for a cake to be picked up and eaten on Friday.

Is it okay to fill it today or should I wait until Friday morning? How long should I tell my client to keep any leftovers? It is a small cake but I want to be clear to her because of the mold issue.

Thanks!

PS- I won't do this again. The fresh fruit has me up at 5AM and I am not a morning person! icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:48am
post #2 of 4

They will be fine for tomorrow, for sure. Depending on how frsh they are to start with, and how cool they keep the cake they could be good up till a week. If she keeps the cake cool they will be fine for a few days no problem.

Mike

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Mike! I was hoping to get ALL the cakes iced today so I can just decorate tomorrow.

Hmmm, maybe this will be the first weekend this month I don't pull an all-nighter!

icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

I do fresh fruit cakes most of the time. I try and buy the freshest there is. Then I would fill them upto 24 hours in advance, make sure it is refregirated and the customer should be good for another 2 days atleast. Fruit and cream is our signature cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%