Small Topsy Turvy Pricing???

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm by leah_s

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:42am
post #1 of 4

I have a lady who wants a topsy turvy Broadway themed birthday cake with playbills attached. Only 10 servings are needed but she did say it is ok to make it larger if needed. The smallest that I can come up with is a 4" on top of an 8" round. Is this going to look to "squatty". I came up with the price of $67.00 less 10% for 1st time customer discount, based on $3.00 per serving plus extra for fondant accents & adding lamanated playbills. Is this too much money for such a small cake? And will it look ok??? First time for anything like this. Thanks for your input on this one. I have to tell her something tomorrow. Help! icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:53am
post #2 of 4

That price sounds fair to me. If you are worried about the 4" looking too small on top of the 8" you could add some different colored balls around the border to "fill" in the extra space. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:43am
post #3 of 4

i am sorry i don't want this to sound harsh but : ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! $3 a serve for a topsy? mine start at $5 plus i have a $100 minimum order fee don't think of the cake sizr so much with these smaller ones but all the decoration that goes into them! sometimes i can spend more decoration time on a mini cake like this than a simple four tierer!! i would start at $150 but i would also not go smaller than a 5" and 8" otherwise you wont have much to work with decoration wise with the top tier smaller than a 5" JMOT icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 4

My topsy turveys are $6 per serving. She's ordering more than 10 servings, with the two tiers. You charge based on the number of servings provided in this case, not ordered. If she wants 10 servings only, then she gets a 7" round cake with a slanted top.

You price is more than fair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%