Help Please!

Decorating By mouse13 Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 10:09am by oilili

mouse13 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:23am
post #1 of 8

Okay I just did the out lines and the coloring in of my FBCT. My question is it says to put icing over the whole back. How do you do that with out messing up the pic? I am so scared to put that on.

7 replies
pastryjen Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 8

I pipe a thin layer over the back with a petal tip (102, 103,or 104) or a basketweave tip. Smooth it gently.

mouse13 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 8

Do i wait till the transfer is frozen before puting the back on?

pastryjen Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:01am
post #4 of 8

Nope, just put the thin layer on the back when you have finished piping the picture part.

mouse13 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:07am
post #5 of 8

Thank you. Wish me I will post pics when I put it on the cake tomorrow.

Oh one more question I promise
How do you get it off the paper without it braken?

Agian thank you so much.

oilili Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:52am
post #6 of 8

mouse13, I had the same questions as you when I did my first FBCT. I was amazed at how easy it is to do, altough it does take time to fill everything in different colours.

Don't be afraid of gently smoothing the back. The thing is, I think I put too much of it because the FBCT comes out quite thick.

Sometimes I do have my outlines that break a little once I transfer it to the cake but I just repair it on the cake by doing it again in some places.

Never had much trouble though.
But do look closely at my snowwhitecake (my fisrt attempt on FBCT). You will see that I did not succeed in smoothing the buttercream with my fingers, so you can see where I've done the piping. Also, do pay particular attention to the little corners so that you won't get 'holes'.

good luck and post a picture!

sugarwishes Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:05am
post #7 of 8

This may be a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. When they say put a layer of icing on the "back" do you mean the same side that you outlined and filled in the picture? That technically is the "back" right?
I'm going to be doing chocolate transfer this weekend, does it work the same way?

oilili Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:09am
post #8 of 8

Yes, the "back" is the same side that you filled in with everything else, because you won't turn the picture until it has been frozen.

As for the chocolate transfer, I have never dared try it.
Drop me a line to say if it's the same. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%