Cheesecake Bakers-Please Help

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 4:38am by mariecar6

Pebbles1727 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 4

I need to bake some 6 inch cheesecakes this weekend. All recipes I found call for 8 or 9 inch pan. Can the recipe be scaled down successfully or better just split among two pans? What about baking time? Anyone has any experience with this? Any tips? Any recipes be better for smaller cake than regular size? Thanks in advance, P

3 replies
momma28 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:01am
post #2 of 4

I make cheesecakes ALOT. Kind of a specialty. You can split the recipe between two pans just fine. A couple of tips beyond that.

Always put a tray of water on a lower rack in your oven before you even put the cheesecakes in .

I always use a water bath on top of that (wrap pans in foil up the sides, put in a tray with a inch lip and fill with water)

Lastly (but important) if you want a crack free top you should carry over cook. Leave your cheesecake in the oven for at least 30 minutes after you turn it off (I usually leave it in an hour) Bring to room temp on counter and THEN put in fridge. I leave it uncovered for the first couple of hourse so I am sure not to get condensation.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Pebbles1727 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:08am
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the tips. What about the baking times, will they be the same as for 8 or 9 inch cake or less?

mariecar6 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #4 of 4

Pebbles, you'll have 2 pans in the oven. The temperature can stay the same.

Quote by @%username% on %date%