Cookie Boxes

Baking By JenWhitlock Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm by yankeegal

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 4

for medium sized orders (that are not bouquets) how do you box your cookies?

I bag my cookies and trim with paper or ribbon, then I put them in a box.
I had been using some Williams-Sonoma boxes that I got on clearance after the holiday season, but now I'm looking for new ones.
my orders are typically in the 1-2 dozen, 3" cookie, range.

my W-S boxes are 9.5 x 6.5 x 3" high
since most of my cookies are 3", I'm considering ordering some "business card" boxes from BRPBoxShop.
they are 3 5/8 x 7.5 (or 9.5 or 13) x 2" high.

I thought that this long line of cookies would make an interesting presentation, but I was curious what others do
thanks!!!

3 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

I generally use bakery boxes lined with event-themed/colored tissue paper or baskets. Awhile back I hit the Xmas Tree shop and found size appropriate baskets for .50 a piece. I bought about 30 of them. (Unfortunately, I haven't seen them since.) I also use the dollar store containers when I can find them. I found wooden crates(11.5X 6 X 4.5)at AC Moores last spring on clearance for .79 each and bought about 20 of those. I was fortunate that the store I teach classes at (I used to work there so I know the managers) gave me about 30 bushel baskets that I use for my fall/Thanksgiving cookies. This time of year for 1 dozen or less, I'll use a Halloween container-pumpkin or witches caldron thingey. I always try to use something for $1 or less.
Bakinccc had a really cute packaging idea using the disposable baking tins with covers too.
I like the idea of the boxes you found. I am always on the look out for an inexpensive, but creative way to package cookies.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 4

thanks!
I like the idea of bushel baskets and the cauldrens, that sounds cute!

here's the link to BRPboxshop, biz card boxes
http://www.brpboxshop.com/business_card_boxes.html
you have to buy 100, but they are about $.30 per box

I thought that the brown box with pretty ribbon would be nice.

I'm considering getting the large rolls of ribbon at Papermart.
I like their plastic boxes too, I had also considered the large flat clear plastic boxes, but they are more pricey (plus the recycled brown box is in vogue now icon_wink.gif )

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Jen for the link...I love the look and the price is great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%