Help! First Time Baker & Decorator For Daughters 1St B-

Decorating By wakycat Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 1:50am by kakeladi

wakycat Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to try to attempt to make not one but two cakes for two different parties I am having for my daughters first birthday. (Rectangle cake decorated with care bears using buttercream icing)

First question; if the party is on Saturday and Sunday when can I bake the cake and decorate so it will stay fresh and not be doing the decorating the morning of both days?

Can I make icing a head of time and let sit in fridge? For how long?

4 replies
tonimarie Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 5

You can bake the cakes today. I always freeze mine after they cool-cover in saran wrap. I think freezing them makes them moister. I would frost them on Friday and they should be fine. Depending on your recipe, but I use sugar shack's (in recipe section) and it doesn't even need to be refridgerated--just cover well. I would probably make the frosting Friday morning while you are waiting to start decorating. Good luck!

wakycat Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #3 of 5

I forgot to mention that the b-day party is not until the end of November. I only have a stand up freezer attached to my fridge so I do not have room to freeze the cakes I am going to make.

tonimarie Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #4 of 5

If you can't freeze them, I would still bake thursday afternoon, just make sure that you cover them well with saran wrap so they don't dry out icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

I agree w/baking no sooner than Wed, preferably thrusday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%