What Color Ribbon Should I Use??

Decorating By ranbel Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 6

I have a fall wedding cake this weekend and am struggling as to what color ribbon to use. The request was a fall theme, but no specifics. So, I am on my on.

I have flowers that are orange, burgandy, yellow and beige. I thought of going with a burgandy ribbon to help break up some of the orange and to me the deep color ribbon look more rich in color.

Tell me what you think. Oh, also, I have plans to cover my presentation board in gold foil paper.

5 replies
auntginn Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

The burgandy sounds nice, however I would keep it monocramatic to the icing because you already have a few colors and so it does not seem to busy.

gr8cakemaker Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 6

I would go ahead with a burgundy ribbon....burgundy looks very rich with gold. With your color scheme and representing fall it should make the cake more eye catching...in a GOOD way!!! HTH

CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 6

I just took a look at some autumn wedding cakes and here is one that may be similar to what you are trying to achieve....
see what you think....

It looks like most of the autumn wedding cakes have a darker ribbon but I think even a tone of a yellow gold could certainly be pretty...I would probably do a burgandy or maroon though...

hammer1 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 6

Just did a similar cake - fall , no specifics, we used purple and it was pretty.

ranbel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 6

I think I have looked at every fall/autum cake on this site.

I too like the dark rich colors for fall. My cake will be 12/9 stacked then pillars with 6in on top. I am using the 9 in push pillars to give more room for lots of flowers on top of the 9in. I have to have a cake topper (bummer, I like flower on the top tier myself), but I hope to put some flowers on top with the bride/groom. I also, have to inc. a harley davidson m/c, so my thought was to put it on top of the 9in, since I don't have enough room on the 6in with a bride/groom.

What are your thoughts... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%