Tear Cake?????

Baking By crys22601 Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 5:41am by KatrinS

crys22601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crys22601 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 6

I was at the school today for a brunch. One of the mom's brought a cheesecake in. This was no ordinary cheesecake. It had like a pound cake on the bottom as a crust, the fluffy cheesecake in the middle and then miraunge (I know I spelled that wrong lol) on the top swirled to resemble teardrops, hense the name, with some sort of drizzle on the top. It was amazing to say the least. Wehen I asked if I could have the recipie, she said it was a family secret and that she couldn't possibly disclose it (boo). She did say however that if I found a recipie for Tear Cake that I could show it to her and she would honestly tell me if that was it or not. So my question is....ANyone got a recipie for Tear cake? Please!!! lol Thanks to all in advance. Happy baking.\\
Crystal

5 replies
KatrinS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatrinS Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 6

Not sure if you are still looking for a recipe but I have one here:

http://katrins-little-blog-at.blogspot.com/2009/08/tranchentorte-tear-cake-vanilla.html

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 6

I'm confused. If it is a family recipe that she cannot share than why would it be published anywhere?? Sounds and looks good though. Hope you find it.

KatrinS Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 6

yes that what I was wondering as well, it is a well-known German baking book recipe and published as well ... maybe it started out as a family recipe somewhere

crys22601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crys22601 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 6

KatrinS, it is funny how things happen. I had another function at the school today and the mom who had brought the cheesecake was there> I was messing with her about the recipie and she told me again that if I could find it she would confirm it. I searched it again and found my own thread thinking I had found it. Much to my dismay, it was only my question...until I read your response, went there, and there it was. She confirmed it was the same recipie (only no mandirines also). Thank you so much. I know have the recipie to the best cheesecake in the world.

KatrinS Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 5:41am
post #6 of 6

crys22601: I am happy that I could be of help. Happy Baking icon_smile.gif (and yes, it is the best cheesecake in the world, I agree)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%