School Choices, And Bragging Lol

Lounge By Mike1394 Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 2:24am by mkolmar

Mike1394 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 2

You see a lot of threads about which school to choose. Now granted what I'm going to post isn't directly cake related, but. icon_biggrin.gif

Chef Scott is awesome I have him for three classes this semester. You want to talk about someone that has some knowledge about food. It is just amazing.

So what this is leading to. It doesn't really matter what school your going to go to. Just make sure you have qualified people teaching you what you want to learn. Check them out, and ask.

Mike

These are partial results from the Culinary Olympics in Germany

ACF Member Results at IKA
Many ACF members compete as individuals against other top chefs from around the word at the IKA âculinary Olympics.â Congratulations to the following ACF members who have earned medals or diplomas.

Tuesday, Oct. 21
Category A, Culinary Art: One cold festive platter, six different hors dâoeuvres, individually prepared
Gold: Scott OâFarrell, CEC, CEPC; educator, Macomb Culinary Institute/Macomb Community College, Sterling Heights, Mich.; ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association
Silver: Eric Watson, CCC, CCE; instructor, The International Culinary School At The Art Institute of Phoenix, Phoenix; ACF Chefs Association of Arizona, Inc.
Bronze: Kevin Doherty, CEC, AAC ; executive chef, TD Banknorth Garden, Delaware North Companies, Inc., Boston; ACF Epicurean Club of Boston

1 reply
mkolmar Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:24am
post #2 of 2

Proud member of the Maumee Valley Chefs Association chapter of the ACF here. Couldn't agree with you more (but you already new that didn't you Mike icon_wink.gif )
I'll be getting ready to take my certification test by next year. (Hope I do well)

A school that is ACF certified helps a lot. It doesn't have to be a big named school to get a good education. I went to a community college and I loved it. It all depends on how much hard work you put into learning also and the knowledge the chefs had for you to learn from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%