Any Ideas And Pics For Organization In A Bakery?

Business By jessfmaldonado Updated 18 Nov 2014 , 11:50pm by Cakecrazy25

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:30pm
post #31 of 47

Thanks so much everyone for posting great pics and giving great tips!! This will help us with ideas!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Jessica icon_biggrin.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:40pm
post #32 of 47

What I love about this thread is how it justifies my obsession with storage containers! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

My kids would always laugh about how excited I get when cruising the storage container aisle at the hardware store or Wal-Mart!! They'd drag me out saying "C'mon, Mom...you don't need ANOTHER box!" icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

boxes and baskets and drawers...oh my! thumbs_up.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #33 of 47

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Brother P-Touch labeler. I use it on EVERYTHING! My favorite tape is about 1/2 wide, white tape with black letters. You can also use itty bitty skinny tape for narrow places. I purchased mine at Sam's Club a few years ago for about $40.

It's great for organizing the pantry and fridge, labeling food containers, school supplies, and files, to name a few. Oh, and you can fold it onto itself to label audio/video/electrical wires.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm
post #34 of 47

the picture posted at the bottom of pg 2 is my kitchen and the best I can tell you is to try to keep everything open we use several gorilla metal selves and put most of our supplies on them when you wash the pans just have to lay them on the selves and air dry I. I don't put any large items in bins so I can just grab and go. We now have added another metal table and the fridge is a double glass door fridge and we still don't have enough fridge space. We also have lots more stuff then when that picture was taken.

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:46pm
post #35 of 47

cakesondemand, I love the organization of your kitchen. It is well organize. I will use your picture as an sample for my future kitchen.

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm
post #36 of 47

Kim- Thanks for the idea on the label maker!! I always have a problem forgetting where things are and what is in what!!!

Cakesondemand- Ohhh thanks for posting!! I wanted to know what those bins were under the work table in your pic? Where did you get them?? Do you use that for your flour and sugar, etc.?

Jessica icon_smile.gif

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:37am
post #37 of 47

This is on my wish list, it's from sears. I love it because it is stainless steel and would go great in the kitchen. Please check out the link the picture is better. I have a red one in my closet for my work tools and I am trying to justify the price for baking tools. I see the need, but my hubby doesn't.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_009H0290000B?vName=Tools&cName=Garage+%26+Tool+Storage&eml=14914334&sid=ie_21083_E_x654
LL
LL

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:15pm
post #38 of 47

Jess---

If you like the stainless steel one, you can piece together your own work station in red at a MUCH cheaper cost. We went to Lowes and are trying to figure out which configure will best work for us at the moment. The units range in price from $50 to $200 and you can mix and match and stack as you need.

Paul & Peter

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:12pm
post #39 of 47

bump...i'm trying to figure out how to make everything fit in my shop that sounded so big until today!

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:55pm
post #40 of 47

Juds2323, that was an awesome link! I LOVE that organization! I am going to save up to buy one of those tool boxes ASAP! Thank you!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:29pm
post #41 of 47

Don't mind me...just saving!

Also, if you have a Harbour Freight Tool, they sell similar items for MUCH cheaper!

NikkiMouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiMouse Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:23pm
post #42 of 47

save

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:32pm
post #43 of 47

I use the Elpha drawers. You can add wheels and tops to them. They come in differnt heigths and widths. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/drawers/elfa

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 2:14pm
post #44 of 47

Bump

Cakecrazy25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakecrazy25 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 2:18am
post #45 of 47

What a great post

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 10:49pm
post #46 of 47

I have lots and lots of different storage containers and systems, but my favorite is my cheapest. I hung a shoe organizer next to my baking area and in the pockets I put all my spatulas, scissors, spoons and smoothers. And when it gets dirty I just throw it in the wash. 

Cakecrazy25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakecrazy25 Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 11:50pm
post #47 of 47

Cool. Care to share a picture?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%