Filling For A Wedding Cake Asap Please

Decorating By biviana Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 4:59pm by Susie53

biviana Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 9

I need help ASAP. Wedding is this weekend.

I just want to know what is best for a wedding cake filling. Cake would be yellow cake. Should I put BC as filling or frutty filling (sleeves of filling that I buy from my cake supply store).

The bride is not from here so she doesn't know what to choose. I an not from here either, and it is a gift. Any sugestion would be really appreciated.

8 replies
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 9

I think the standard is a white cake with a fruit filling, do you know if she's a big fan of buttercream?? Because if she's one of those people that LOVES buttercream you could go that route......however, mixing the fruity sleeve filling half and half with buttercream is the most favored filling I have requests for (my customers just don't know that's how I make it lol) I call it, "lemon creme filling", "strawberry creme", "raspberry creme" get the's very yummy!!

projectqueen Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 9

I second the fruit/butttercream combination in this case. I find the fruit filling straight from the sleeve to be kind of slippery (read: cake disaster) but some people use it without any trouble.

Good luck.

biviana Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks. I'll go with fruit/buttercream. It sounds really good. I have never done that before.
Also do you think yellow cake wouldn't look nice? She doesn't like white cake.
I usually do party cakes. Should I put 3 fillings. I mean putting filling as well in each 2 inches cake? Is that better for a wedding cake?
Thanks again.

projectqueen Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 9

I think any cake the bride likes the taste of would be fine. I think yellow would look just fine. Have you tried the WASC recipe from this site? I think it's really delicious and has a different consistency/flavor than regular white cake. She might like that if you don't want to do yellow.

I'm not sure of your question regarding where to put the filling. I usually bake in 3" high pans so I do: cake, filling, cake, fillling, cake, icing. If you are baking in 2" high pans you could put filling just between the 2 cakes or you could torte each 2" high cake and put filling there, too. I would probably do it that way so you could use a thinner layer of filling for each one.

Good luck.

kakeladi Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 9

You can torte (split each 2" layer in 1/2) OR not - as you prefere.
Many people feel a wedding cake should have 3 layers of filling w/4 layers of cake.
Personeally I had problems w/cakes sliding apart when I did that so most of my wedding cakes had just the one layer of filling.

KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 9

I do 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling......I just think it looks nicer when it's cut and it's also a nice ratio of cake to filling/frosting

momvarden Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #8 of 9

I would just do bc frosting if you want some flavor in it purchase a jar of a all fruit jam like polanders or something like that and mix it in with your butter cream for a light flavor. I usually do it with my cream cheese butter cream frosting with either the strawberry or raspberry both the seedless kind. It is soft but i put it in the fridge and it firms up.
Everyone really loves it. Also they like to use it as a dip for fruit or plain sugar cookies.

Susie53 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 9

I think a raspberry/buttercream combination would taste great with yellow cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%