False Eyelash Help!

Lounge By michellenj Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 3:44am by sugarwishes

michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 6

I bought some false eyelashes to go with my Halloween costume and have no clue how to apply them. Do any of you have any helpful hints that you could share?

Are they reusable?

Do I put them on first, then eyeliner and mascara?

5 replies
sugarwishes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 6

First you're going to need the eyelash adhesive (glue), if it didn't come with it, at any store that sells cosmetics you can buy it seperately.
Your gonna put a very thin strip of glue on the eyelash. You MUST wait til the glue becomes a lil tacky. It usually takes about 30 secs and helps if you blow on it just a lil bit, nothin crazy.
Once the glue is ready, your gonna line up the fake eyelashes to your own. (Make sure the longer part of the lashes are towards the outer part of your eyes).
In order for it to not look fake, you want to try to really get the lashes as close to the root as possible. You dont want them to be glued to your eyelids. I usually take the back end of tweezers or usue one of those metal nail files (or anything that is thin wide and flat if that makes sense). I use this and to push down the eyelashes so they will be glued strong.
After you have the eyelashes on is when you can put the eyeliner. I find its best to use liquid eyeliner so your not rubbing against the lashes too much. Then mascara.
I hope this makes sense and helps. If you have any questions, just ask.

michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 6

Do I stick them to my eyelashes, or the eyelid as close to the lashes as I can get them? Will it pull out MY lashes when I remove them?

Thanks so much for the info.

sugarwishes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 6

You stick them on your eyelids but try to get them as close to the root of your eyelashes as possible. I've never had a problem taking them off with them ripping out my eyelashes. But they do make eyelash remover. If you just use a cloth with water you should have no problem

michellenj Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #5 of 6

Maybe I'll give them a trial run before Halloween.

Thank you for the response! I swear, you can post anything, and someone in the Lounge will know something about it.

sugarwishes Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:44am
post #6 of 6

No problem, Yea I would definately do a trial run. I remember when I first started doing them, it was really hard but you get the hang of it and now I do it like its nothing, they look so real you cant tell. Well, good luck and if you have any other questions feel free This really is the best website, somebody somewhere will have an answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%