Cake Boards Decorative Cover

Decorating By trista101 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm by KASCARLETT

trista101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trista101 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 7

I see the most beautiful cakes on here with a decorative & colorful paper covering the cake board to match the theme of the cake. I love it! But I'm lost, what are people using and where can I get it! Thanks so much for you help!

6 replies
tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 7

You can find this at a cake supply store locally or order on-line. I know Hobby Lobby has silver and gold (expensive!)

Others may have more specifics.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 7

I don't remember who posted it (I'm sorry for not giving credit, because it's an AWESOME idea!) but they brought up the Press'n'Seal Glad wrap. I tried it out on a cake I have due Thursday. I took some cute wrapping paper, covered my heavy duty cardboard cake board, and used the press'n'seal stuff over top and over the sides. It sealed down like a dream!! And you can use whatever wrapping paper you want to match themes and such! I was SO excited to find this tecnique. Again THANKYOU whoever posted it! It's awesome!!
HTH!

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 7

I use wrapping paper or coloured tissue paper and then cover it with the clear cello wrap . I usually get everything from the dollar store. I have also heard of people using contact paper to cover the boards.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7

A lot of us use wrapping paper. I can find so many options with wrapping paper.. and cheap too!! Once I have my cake board covered in the paper, I put clear contact paper over it to seal it!! Works great everytime!!!

luvstoshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvstoshop Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the info was wondering the same thing

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 7

I find scrapbook paper to match my theme and then cover it with the clear contact paper. I didn't think about the Glad Press n Seal! I have some of that at home! Cool idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%