Texas Workshops...thank You!

Decorating By aine2 Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 8:52pm by kylakae

aine2 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:16am
post #1 of 31

I just want to thank every one of you who attended my first International Workshops in Austin, Texas. I had a wonderful time, in AND out of class! The biggest thanks to Kyla Myers who organised the entire event with such ease. Everyone was catered and cared for. The classroom spirit was fabulous, even at the most intense moments there was plenty of laughter. The work produced was truly amazing and I am very proud indeed to have played a little part in that. I have many photos to remind me of the days which can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/extra-icing/sets/72157608014370814/

I will be returning next year....the dates will be confirmed soon so keep looking at the Events for more information from Kyla. I look forward to seeing you again! Thank you so much for all of your kindness and for making me feel so welcome in America!

30 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:48am
post #2 of 31

. . . thanx aine2 for sharing the link to Flickr . . . looks like there was alot of fun to be had . . . wish I was closer and could have joined in the fun . . . but the photo links are a nice treat to be able to see . . .

kayla1505 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:13am
post #3 of 31

My friend Charlotte went and I'm completely jealous icon_wink.gif

kayla1505 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:16am
post #4 of 31

I saw all of her pictures on yummyarts

kylakae Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 31

Hey Dragonfly, are you close to Seattle at all? I'm considering organizing a class in Seattle down the road a bit.

superstar Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 31

Lorraine my dear, thank you for sharing those photo's & I am so glad you had such a good time. Of course I am also very envious & just maybe.....I could attend a future workshop. Kyla, please keep me informed if you don't mind.

kylakae Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 31

Will do, June. Can you send me your email address in a private message please? Do you have a big cake club in Hawaii?

dabear Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 31

Thank-you so much Kyla for organizing Lorriane to come to Austin. THANK-YOU so much for coming to Texas for your first trip to the states Lorriane! It was such a priviledge to have attended my first class with you as my instructor. I LOVED meeting you! You and your husband are such sweet people! I loved making the bears! The only problem, is one day with you wasn't enough! icon_biggrin.gif

sookie77 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 31

I'm close to Seattle!!! Please please organize some classes here!

kylakae Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #10 of 31

Deanna, you'll just have to sign up for ALL the classes next time. icon_biggrin.gif

Stephanie, why does your location say Texas? Heh.

joyofcakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:34pm
post #11 of 31

Aine2 I live about 200 miles from Austin and would love to take one of your work shop. Maybe I can catch the next one. the picture looked like everyone had a great time. Hoope to see you soon. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks

Amia Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 31

Thank you for coming and teaching us! I had so much fun and it was a pleasure meeting you and Andy! Actually everyone I met was great! This was such a wonderful experience and I'm sad it's already over! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit though. Can't wait until next year. If you're back in Texas, I'll be there!

Oh and please tell Andy I said "howdy" icon_lol.gif He really was great, running errands and helping out. BTW, have you unleashed your new Texan accent on your friends and family yet? icon_lol.gif

kylakae Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:01am
post #13 of 31

Amy, we missed you when you left!

Joy: Shoot me your email address and I'll put you on the mailing list. Right now we are looking at next August for Lorraine's next series of classes.

sookie77 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:06am
post #14 of 31

Oops. I need to change my location to Washington. We just moved here. I'm in Woodinville, WA.

kylakae Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:23am
post #15 of 31

Ohh, lucky you, Stephanie, up by the winery! icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #16 of 31

I missed everyone too! icon_cry.gif It worked out for the best though because I was sick aaalll weekend long. So will Lorraine be coming back to Austin next August?

kylakae Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:34am
post #17 of 31

Yes, she will! I'll let you kow as soon as we work out the dates.

aine2 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:15pm
post #18 of 31

Oooooh! Yes I am coming back for sure! I have hardly unpacked everything yet and had to go and do a demonstration last night in Glasgow. I spent some time during the day making a little pink chair to sit on a lovely patterned pasted board (using a new rolling pin I bought at Hobby Lobby! icon_lol.gif ) and I thought I might demonstrate creating a little baby with her teddy but when I reached the venue all bleary eyed and yawning icon_eek.gif I realised I had forgotten to bring it with me! icon_redface.gif However, a lovely lady gave me a silver cake card and I quickly covered it and made my baby and bear just the same. They were happy and I was glad I got through it to the end!

Amy I haven't been around too many people yet to show off but I have a workshop next week and will be using some new phrases shall we say! icon_wink.gif

Thank you so much everybody. I am still riding high on the thrill of the visit. It has given me a new energy! All down to you lot! Cheers! thumbs_up.gif

jcaste Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:43pm
post #19 of 31

Hello!!! I wish I would of know about this. Im new on this site. Maybe next year I can attend. Is this only done in Austin, TX? I live in Houston, TX would you be coming to Houston?? If not I can always try to see if I can make it to Austin, its only a couple hours away. Im sure it will be worth it.

Amia Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #20 of 31

Oh it's worth it. Waayy worth it! The reason she's coming to Austin is because the cake club - Capital Confectioners - in Austin is hosting her workshops. If there is a cake club in Houston, maybe they can talk to Lorraine about hosting some workshops there too.

brannendeville Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:07pm
post #21 of 31

Does anyone know of a class in Houston??

dabear Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:49pm
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Oh it's worth it. Waayy worth it! The reason she's coming to Austin is because the cake club - Capital Confectioners - in Austin is hosting her workshops. If there is a cake club in Houston, maybe they can talk to Lorraine about hosting some workshops there too.

Houstin has one. They had Debbie Brown here before Hurricane Ike blew thru.
http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/index.htm

kylakae Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #23 of 31

brannendeville, Austin isn't too far away. Just plan to attend the classes here. A couple of the ladies from Houston will be coming so you might even be able to share a hotel room.

Amia Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #24 of 31

Kyla if you need any help next year, I'd be happy to volunteer!

And Lorraine, congrats on the member spotlight! It's about time! icon_biggrin.gif

jcaste Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:59am
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Houstin has one. They had Debbie Brown here before Hurricane Ike blew thru.
http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/index.htm

I just looked at the site & noticed they have their next meeting on tuesday but its at 10AM. I work, so there is no way I could make it to there meetings if its at that same time icon_cry.gif

kylakae Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:21am
post #26 of 31

jcaste: Houston has a great cake club (or 2) with lots of super nice people. They get some great instructors, too. Texas, as a whole, has a ton of great cake clubs.

Lorraine will be returning to Austin. I've totally spoiled her. Heh icon_biggrin.gif

jcaste Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:25am
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylakae

jcaste: Houston has a great cake club (or 2) with lots of super nice people. They get some great instructors, too. Texas, as a whole, has a ton of great cake clubs.

Lorraine will be returning to Austin. I've totally spoiled her. Heh icon_biggrin.gif

Yes I ran into one last night & hopefully I will join their club next year in January. I'm really stoked!! This is a new hobbie I picked up & I really want to learn as much as possible. What best way then to join a group of lovely ladies who are AMAZING & cake decorating. Im taking Wilton Classes but they are only 2 hours & its just not enough time to learn much. I always feel so rushed! icon_cry.gif I just cant wait to get as good as all of you. I know it will only take time & practice. Im just an impatient person hehe!!

ceshell Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:30am
post #28 of 31

I hear it's really nice here in Los Angeles... icon_biggrin.gif

kylakae Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm
post #29 of 31

Austin's not so far away from LA, ceshell, just come join us icon_smile.gif

ceshell Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 8:06pm
post #30 of 31

You must be thinking of LA, not L.A. Lol.

Aine2 is the rock star of CC, she needs a world tour!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%