Help Puppy Cake!!!!!

Decorating By lillykaci1 Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 10:28pm by lillykaci1

lillykaci1 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 6

I really need help!!!! I need to know what I can do to make this cake look better before the real thing is needed!!! Please Please Please any help you can give me!!! I'm just not really happy with the way he looks....I can't get the pic to load to the post... but it's in my pics please look and tell me what I can do!!!!! Thanks ladies for all your help!!!

5 replies
xstitcher Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:43am
post #2 of 6

I think the cake looks really good! One thing I would suggest though is to make the hind legs more rounded (especially on the sides).

Also I really like Deanna's dvd (aka TooMuchCake here on CC) Precious Pets and that might give you alot of pointers as well. If your interested you can order it from http://www.lickthespoonproductions.com/ they ship really fast so you will get it with time to spare.

HTH!
icon_smile.gif

lillykaci1 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much. I thought he kinda looked funny. My hubby said the same thing about his hind quarters. I'm just really scared to cut too much. I've never put together cut up cake like this or carved a cake before!!!! Anyway thanks again everyone. And thanks so much to agagnier for all the help you gave!!!!

pastryjen Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 6

On her nose, I can see strips of icing - I would work in a more random pattern. I also agree that the cake is too boxy (too many edges and you could also hide that with a bit more icing and perhaps a bit longer hair if you don't feel all that comfortable with a little carving.

HTH!

TooMuchCake Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 6

Hi! I agree with the posters above, but I would add one thing: I'd add more cake (or icing) to his hiney so that his back isn't quite so straight. Dogs don't have very many straight lines, so try not to have them on the cake if you can avoid it or feel comfortable enough to try carving the cake more.

There are a bunch of dog cake pics in my photos if you want to sort of see what I mean.

HTH,
Deanna

(Thanks, Parm!)

lillykaci1 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 6

Well I can't get the pic to upload into the comments so the final product is in my pics I yall wouldn't mind looking and letting me know what you think. My little girl loved it!!!! Thank you all for your help!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%