Spinning Leaf Mold Question

Baking By Zamode Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 8:26pm by Zamode

Zamode Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:23am
post #1 of 4

They sent me a free Halloween mold when I ordered last year:Pumpkins. I let the orange face part come to room temperature before adding the chocolate and it bled over the face area, like I was afraid it would. Should I underfill the face part of the mold or how do I avoid this?

How much do you gals charge for dipped Oreos? Their molds are terrific, by the way.

3 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:54am
post #2 of 4

Yes, try underfilling the orange face. Also, you could pop them in the fridge to get nice and cold before adding the chocolate. It might help, too, if the chocolate wasn't super hot when you add it on top of the orange. As to price....I can't remember for certain (I forget things easily!) but I think I figured the cost to me to make each Oreo was between 25 and 30 cents. (It all depends on the chocolate used). It took about 2.5 lbs. of chocolate to cover approx. 52 Oreos. So figure in the cost of packaging and decide what you want the mark up to be. The good thing about these is that you can crank out a ton of them in a short amount of time! (Assuming you have enough molds).

SILVERCAT Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 4

I have seen the price range from $1.50 online to $3.00 on CC per cookie! I am doing a bake sale this weekend and the following week and I am thinking about charging $2.00 per cookie. But come the holidays I think I will up it if it becomes popular!

Zamode Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 4

Gemini, yes, I put them in the freezer to set them up and let them sit at room temp. before adding the chocolate so it wouldn't be hot on cold but I think you are right, I have to let the chocolate cool down a bit more next time. I will underfill the faces.

Also thank you both for the pricing information, I think I may have to up my prices. Getting them done quickly isn't a problem, just how much chocolate I am using....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%