Sugar Cookie Recipe Help!

Baking By trishalynn0708 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 1:52pm by banba

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 3

I promised my neice that I would make her some spiderweb sugar cookies to take to school with her for Halloween.
I found a glaze to pour over the cookies while they are still hot. But everytime I baked Sugar Cookies with my mom they got really brown and sometimes burnt. But if I didn't cook them the whole time they weren't done in the middle.
Can anyone post their sugar cookie recipe, and tell me how thick you leave your dough after you roll it out and how long you bake it? Get real technical with me. lol.. I have an electric oven if that matters. But I want to make the best sugar cookies and have them cooked perfectly for my neice.
Thank you for any help!
Trisha

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:09am
post #2 of 3

Here's an everything you ever wanted to know about making decorated cookies (cookie bouquet) thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-230831-.html

Above has various cookie and frosting recipes as well as CC members comments (and so much more).

HTH

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 3

NFSC and Penny's are recipes on CC and used a lot.

I like to roll them about 1/4" thick.

It they are getting brown and burnt you need to lower temps and bake longer.

Cookies dry out and harden even further upon cooling and it is a part of the baking process so I just insert a tooth pick until it comes out clean then they're done.

I leave them on the pan to cool as they can still be soft and if you try to move them you risk breaking them.

It's hard to give exact times and temps, depends on your own oven and which recipe you use. I bake in a fan oven and use Celsius and I mostly bake cookies at 140 to 150C.

I bake them in a low oven so they don't change colour much. More like drying them out rather than toasting them crispy.

Your best bet is to experiment a little with your oven and the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%