Food Safe Bags Used In Sugarshack's Buttercream Video?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 7:18pm by terrig007

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 10

I am located in the Dallas / Ft. Worth Metroplex and went to ACE resturant supply store and asked if they carried food safe bags, bigger than a zip lock bag and they did not. They only carried the Foodsaver bags.

Has anyone found the large food safe bags, probably 13 gallons are smaller?

9 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 10

Flip over the paper insert that came with your DVD and it mentions where to get them. icon_smile.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks, but I was hoping somewhere I can buy in the store. I don't buy from the internet if I can drive to a store and pick it up.

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 10

Oh gotcha. Do you have a GFS (Gordon Food Service) near you? They have a ton of stuff that they don't stock in their Market Stores, but will ship there if you want them. They have a bunch of online catalogs of kitchen equipment and gadgets online and a copy in the stores. Check there.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 10

Cool. Thanks. Do you need a business license to purchase from GFS? Or do they have cash and carry?

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 10

Nope, it's open to the public (is that cash and carry?). You can become a business member, but I'm not sure of the benefits of doing that.

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 10

I once saw some huge zipper type ones in several sizes at bass pro shop a few years ago.
Not sure if that helps.

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 10

Just to note, the storage (as in clothes storage, blanket storage) Big Bags by Ziploc are supposedly food-safe according to their website. I'm not sure if they would fit a bun pan or not. I have mine full of sheets, blankets, and summer stuff. icon_smile.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:05pm
post #9 of 10

I just looked at GFS website (www. gfs . com) and they are not located in Texas. I guess I was thinking about SYSCO.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:18pm
post #10 of 10

I have used the giant ziploc bags myself and there has never been a problem. It's wrapped tightly with the saran wrap and I just put them all together, get as much of the air out as possible, and then twist the bag and tie it up. HTH
terri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%