Can Someone Explain Pay It Forward??

Lounge By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 1:51am by KathysCC

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone explain Pay It Forward for me, I've seen some posts (sp?) about it but I don't understand how it works.
Sorry for my ignorance and thank you.

5 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 6

What people are doing is giving you what they don't want or have too much of and you return the favor to someone else with something you don't want or have to much of. What they do is start a thread with what they want to give away and everybody that's interested puts their name in and the original poster picks someone to draw a name of number out of a hat to win the item their giving away. They then notify that person that they won and that person starts another thread saying what they have to give away. icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 6

Play it forward is a way of gi ving thanks for what special kindnesses you have recieved.
As Meemawfish explained you find some cake item you don't use or have duplicates of and offer to give it away. As a winner you are then (on your honor) agreeing to do the same thing in the near future - offer something you have to anyone else.
It's Radom Acts of Kindness (RAK). No strings are attached. You offer to send something to someone who is needing/wanting that item.
In each post offing a RAK you can toss your name into the hat for a chance to 'win' that item.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 6

To expand on that... Pay it Forward is meant to include all aspects of your life, from the driver who waved you in on in a traffic jam to the lady at the store who offered your kids a quarter for the gumball machine.

Paying it Forward means that you will continue doing these RAK for other strangers.

It's my favorite part of life. Nothing feels greater than helping someone in need - or just because, whether needy or not.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 6

Wow you ladies did such a better job at explaining what it was than me. icon_eek.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:51am
post #6 of 6

Just wanted to let everyone know that Heath posted an announcement on this subject.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-607569-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%