My Cookie Sticks Twist Once In Foam Of Bouquet....help

Baking By dandelion56602 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 11:42am by peg818

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:24am
post #1 of 3

I've had this problem a few times. Once I put my cookies sticks in the foam they twist around (and face backward or sideways). Does that make sense? I'm wondering if there's a way to keep them from twisting & turning once I put them in the foam?

2 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:16am
post #2 of 3

Dandelion, I have the same problem, and didn't think of a solution until I read your post....How about we try dab of hot glue when we put them in, hold for several seconds. It's the weight of the cookie that makes it turn, I think.
Also I have found if I use that hard green styrophoam stuff, doesn't work so well. I use this green rectangle blocks called desert foam (I think) that come in packs of three, it's next by the artificial flowers at walmart, that works best for me.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #3 of 3

i just place a dab of royal icing in the hole or melted chocolate which ever i have available. Or if i have nothing available, i place a bit of the paper shred in the hole with the stick.

You also will minimize this problem if you don't move the sticks around once placed in the foam.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%