Pina Colada Cake Help!!!

Decorating By hummingbird59 Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 5:27am by sayhellojana

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:35am
post #1 of 8

I need a good recipe for a pina colada cake for this weekend. It is for a baby shower so no rum. Also it will be 11x15 that I will decorate. They want cream cheese frosting so I found the crusting cream cheese recipe unless someone had a good idea. Theme is Ladybug from the Tiddliwinks collection. One last thing. Does anyone know if this is a fairly heavy cake that needs refrigeration? Any help is appreciated. I have 3 other cakes to do for this weekend and I just do it as a hobby for friends.

7 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:16am
post #2 of 8

. . . there are several in the recipe section of CC . . . this one doesn't use any extracts/flavor oils (incase you don't have access to these in time . . . but it is an actual "cheesecake". . . so maybe that's not what you are looking for)

Quote:
Quote:

¾ cup crushed graham crackers
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup shredded coconut

Cheese mixture:
1 lb. cream cheese
½ cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp. white rum (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Mix the ingredients of the "crust" and placed in a mold of spring 9 ".

In food processor blend cream cheese with sugar and add eggs one by one. After mixing the rest of the ingredients. Pouring the mixture over the crust. "

Bakes for 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool and place in refrigerator for several hours.

Decorate with grated coconut, toasted.

and then there are others . . . with the extracts/flavor oils if you prefer . . .

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6928-6-Pina-Colada-Bunt-Cake.html
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5803-9-Pina-Colada-Cake-4.html

. . . this one sounds yummy too . . . if you can find all the ingredients . . .
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4363-15-Tropical-Dreams.html

. . . you could also consider using pina colada mixer in place of water as a doctored cake mix if you have limited access to ingredients/extracts . . . HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 8

Well it looks like dragonflydreams covered all options well for you icon_smile.gif

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for both of your replies. Dragonflydreams, I am going with the Pina Colada Cake 4. I hope it turns out ok, but I think this is what the lady I am making it for decribed. I need to go buy a couple more extracts tomorrow, then I am going to make one for home to test it. This may sound dumb but does rum extract have too much alcohol content for a baby shower? I am going to use a crusting cream cheese frosting. Wish me luck since I have an out patient surgery on Thursday and 4 cakes for friends and church for this weekend.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:50am
post #5 of 8

The amount of flavoring used isn't all that much per serving plus about 40% (if I'm not mistaken) of the alcohol bakes out.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 8

i have also used a pineapple cake mix instead of the white cake mix
Just a thought

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:19am
post #7 of 8

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pina-Colada-Cake-II/Detail.aspx

here is a link to allrecipes for a pina coloda cake. Looks simple...sounds good! Good luck!!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:27am
post #8 of 8

There is a recipe here on CC called Hawiian wedding cake. I've made it, it's good. Leave out the nuts, add 2 tsp. coconut oil. plus some flaked coconut to the mix and if you have it a mashed up banana. Its a great cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%