Silly Question...but I Have To Ask...

Decorating By gwright0906 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 3:25am by Chef_Rinny

gwright0906 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gwright0906 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:35am
post #1 of 11

I'm embarassed to ask this question but I am tired of wondering all the time so...here goes icon_redface.gif

I see sooo many cakeboards covered with the cutest paper...where does everybody get the cute paper from?? I thought if it's not foil or a "laminated" paper that the inks in the paper may not be safe for cakes to sit on.

Amateur question I know but I am a newbie icon_wink.gif and very eager to learn as much as I can.

10 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:39am
post #2 of 11

I buy scrapbook paper that coordinates with the cake design and cover the board with it, then I cover it all in clear contact paper.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:44am
post #3 of 11

. . . fabric . . . wrapping paper . . . whatever you come across . . . and then cover with contact paper . . .

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:54am
post #4 of 11

What's contact paper?....

gwright0906 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:55am
post #5 of 11

OMG...I never would have thought of that! Thank you so much for the reponses...and very quick ones too! icon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:55am
post #6 of 11

thats a great question. i wondered that myself. i had another thread on it, but lost it and didn't find it again. no question is dumb. everyone on here is so wonderfully sweet and always willing to help us who are more newer to this. have fun!! cake and cookie deocorators rock!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Angela icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #7 of 11

This topic actually came up not too long ago. In that thread someone questioned whether or not contact paper was food safe.

Here's the link: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6024652#6024652

gwright0906 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #8 of 11

Chefrinny...

I get my contact paper at Walmart. You should be able to find it where the drawer liners are. It is transparent and sticky on one side so it can act as a laminate.

I am so excited to know I can use that to cover my boards with cute paper/fabric finally!!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:07am
post #9 of 11

. . . if you are concerned about the food safe qualities of contact paper . . . all you would have to do is make sure your bottom cake was on a cake circle to keep it off the contact paper . . . no problem . . .

gwright0906 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #10 of 11

Thanks for the link Sugar_Plum_Fairy. There were a LOT of interesting comments on that forum!

Just soaking it all up. I love cake decorating!!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:25am
post #11 of 11

Ohhh!!! Light bulb just went off in my head-lol! Thats great, never thought of that. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%