Chocolate Buttercream Wedding Cake Help!!!!

Decorating By dannee24 Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 3:34pm by dannee24

dannee24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dannee24 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:13am
post #1 of 3

I need help...Input please. Ok so it's tradition to have the bride and groom keep the top layer of their wedding cake and eat it on their first anniversary. Well of course they are going to eat some at the reception too...So the bride doesn't like the strawberries and the groom doesn't like bananas. This is going to be a three (double tiered) wedding cake. Hopefully I don't confuse anyone but there will be two different types cake cake per tier and two different types of filling. The outside will have chocolate buttercream. They both like pineapple and cherry...my thoughts for the anniversary tier is just all yellow cake with pineapple-cherry-pineapple filling. But does pineapple really go with chocolate???? I thought that it might be a good idea to have the bottom filling be strawberry-banana-strawberry so they can have a slice of the middle oh but wait I forget...when the couple cuts the cake together and shove it in each others face...which one do they cut. I forgot? Any ideas?
Also if anyone has a great recipe to recommend for the chocolate BC I'd appreciate it. The few that are on here sound really good but I don't know which to use. Some don't use meringue powder either. Do they smooth well? I need something that will hopefully smooth out flawlessly.

2 replies
SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:25am
post #2 of 3

IMO anything goes with chocolate, just saw a show on Food Network where they covered bacon (yeah, that's right) with chocolate and crushed almonds! There's also the commercial for those fruit baskets with pieces of pineapple covered with chocolate so I think you're good to go.
Tooting my own horn here but I like my choc bc recipe:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7226-2-Chocolate-Buttercream-crusting.html
And here's a pic:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1240927

dannee24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dannee24 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 3

Great work...I actually have your recipe saved on my favs list. I was thinking of trying it but am not sure yet. Thanks for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%