Cupcake Liners

Decorating By cakebaker1978 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm by cakebaker1978

cakebaker1978 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #1 of 7

ok, I need to do you keep your cupcake liners looking pretty and not all brown and ugly?? Is this a dumb question?? Should I know this??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

6 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #2 of 7

i have to admit, i have never had brown and ugly liners icon_confused.gif is it the top? the bottom? all over?
oh, do you ever use your muffin pan without liners? the leftover oil, grease,etc could be getting on your liners. other than that, i am not sure why that would be happening.

mouse13 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:21am
post #3 of 7

Do you over fill your cupcake liners? That is the only way I can see it turning brown. Sorry I am not much help.

sayhellojana Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:33am
post #4 of 7

Ohh, I know this one! Same thing happened to me until I started buying grease-proof liners. The oil, moisture, from the batter is seeping through the paper. Its especially problematic with boxed mixes, which tend to have chemicaly oily batters.
I just placed an order from this website and got some really inexpensive grease proof liners.
the site has a $50 min. order (I had been making a list of all the cake stuff I wanted for a while) but they have really cheap supplies and shipping. If your only looking for liners, I'm sure there are some other sites out there

DianeLM Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 7

I use doctored mix with regular liners and never have ugliness.

You're probably baking them a little too long.

The only time I've ever had brown yuck was when I forgot about a batch and left them in about 5 minutes longer than they needed.

sweetcakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 7

also what condition is your muffin pan that you use. if its old and seasoned (dark) this could be a problem. leaving marks on your papers.

cakebaker1978 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the help!!! I think the last time baked cupcakes I was using box mixes. I have graduated to scratch cakes because there really is a big difference!!! Once you start from scratch you can never go back!!! lol
I will buy a brand new pan and stick to my recipes and see how it goes! Thanks again CC people!!! You came through as usual!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%