How Do You Glitter Your Fondant/buttercream?

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:19am by summernoelle

dcabrera Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #1 of 4

I was asked to do a tinkerbell cake for a 1 yr old birthday. The mom wants glitter on it to look like there's fairy dust on the cake. I just bought a airbrush machine, but can't seem to find any glitter.

3 replies
PinkZiab Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 4

I only use my airbrush to pearlize/shimmer my cakes. For glitter (you can get it from global, beryl's and any other of a number of online suppliers and cake supply stores) I use a large soft brush, dip the end of the brush in the glitter, and then tap the handle of the brush on my hand and let the glitter fall onto the cake (I only work in fondant). It usually sticks without the need for anything "gluing" it.

ski Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:57am
post #3 of 4

you can use super pearl in your airbrush (use vodka and super pearl) doesn't leave any type of taste. They make a product called edible glitter hologram, in several main colors I think CK makes it. I use it on all my princess cakes looks just like pixie dust when you go clubbing.

summernoelle Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:19am
post #4 of 4

I use a large, fluffy brush (Kind of like a powder brush when you use makeup powder) and brush on Sparkle or Luster dust all over my cakes. I don't have an airbrush, and it works great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%