Tres Leches Cake???

Decorating By angelatx Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 5:45pm by angelatx

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 9

hi everyone, well i have been asked to make a tres leches cake and altho i am hispanic, i have never had any before. i know their are a few recipes on here and i am sure they are both good, but can anyone suggest the one that will be the easiest and something i can't mess up, lol!!! oh and he wants to pay for it, ok whats that????? hehe just j/k, i don't ever charge, cuz i do this for fun. so any ideas on what to charge would be helpful. Thnx so much!!! hope everyone is having a great evening or day!!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #2 of 9

Can't really help on a recipe but as for price...what size will this cake be? If it's something like a 10x2" round or 12x8x2 sheet I suggest something in the realm of $35-40.

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:52am
post #3 of 9

Hi, I did one about 2wk ago and used the WASC recipe except I omitted the almond and just dbled the vanilla. I doubled the recipe to fit a 10x3 pan I think thats the size. for the milk mixture I used 2cans of evaporated milk, 2 cans of condensed milk, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1cup whole milk and some vanilla. This sounds like a lot of milk but the cake came out just right. The last time I did one it was still to dry.

Blanca

Sugarchic Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:00am
post #4 of 9

Sorry I forgot to mentioned that I used 2 yellow cake mixes and used 4 whole eggs and 4 whites only.

angelatx Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:11am
post #5 of 9

ok, i will try it when he gives me a date that he wants it and i really appreciate your help, so much sugarchic!!! if i have any questions, would you mind if i pm you??? have a great nite or day!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sugarchic Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:15am
post #6 of 9

yes you can pm me I am glad to help if I can.

Blanca

angelatx Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:25am
post #7 of 9

thank you blanca! i am in texas, going to bed, now that i fed my addiction to cc, hehe. have a great nite!! icon_biggrin.gif

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 9

was just at ICES DOS this weekend and they demoed that cake. I'll find my notes and post. Also, I'd find out as they pointed out that many of the cakes use tequila in the milk mixture and every family has a different degree to moistness they like in the cake. I'd maybe try a sample and give him a piece to try to see if taste is what he likes and moistness level. I get my recipe and post here. Remember to charge accordinly, all the canned milks and if tequila is used ups the price. Also, remember if he likes it there will be more of these cakes coming your way.

angelatx Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:45pm
post #9 of 9

hi nesweetcake, you know i wondered the same thing about moistness and stuff. cuz i know in our family what recipes we use that have been passed down aren't always the same as other families, so i was kinda concerned as to what kind of tres leches cake he wanted. as in moistness and other ingredients, cuz i remember someone making it one time that i knew and she had said that some people make it different. its for my husbands co-worker, to give to his daughter and can i just say he can be a bit uptight about things. so i almost wanted to say no. i appreciate you wanting to take time to help. havent had but one other person want to help. could be cuz its a mysterious dessert, lol! cuz i can say for me it is. thnx and again and will look for your other postings. icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%