Woohoo.....

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 4:46am by lifonahil

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so this weekend, I had a last minute sweet 16 cake order. This was my first "real" customer. I had less than 2 days to do this cake. I decided to do the WASC cake because she was talking about how her family wants really moist but she wanted something different other than tres leches and whipped topping. So I got the cake done according to the colors what she asked for. I did something extremely simple since I had less than 2 days and she didn't give me much to go on. After the hubby came to pick up the cake I was so worried that they wouldn't like it or maybe the cake was overcooked or something would go wrong and I would get nothing but complaints. So i called later in the evening to do a follow up call but no answer and no return call (even after leaving a message on her phone to call me and let me know how the cake was). I'm a frantic mess now because I didn't know if they liked it. Well, I just got in touch with her about 15 minutes ago and she told me everyone loved the cake. She said it was soo moist and different and that's what she wanted. I used fondant and the people at the party have never seen fondant on a cake before and everyone thought the cake was hard when they seen it. But to their surprise, the cake was so moist....they just loved it. She told me that she is def. ordering her daughters first birthday cake from me in December!!!! I am so happy, relieved and excited!!!!!

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 4

wooohooo.......congratulations, doesn't that feel great????????? Too bad they never remember to call when they LOVE the cake.......I've adopted the frame of mind now that "no news is good news" lol

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:09am
post #3 of 4

See? Now you can be confident of your work! You *know* it is good, moist and tasty. My *original* WASC is just sooooo perfect.

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:46am
post #4 of 4

Congrats to you. I am gonna have to try that reciepe. Its sounds so good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%