Gumpaste Rose Spray

Decorating By jennabell441 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:00pm by jennabell441

jennabell441 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 10

I am in the process of booking my first wedding cake and am at a total loss of how much to charge for gumpaste rose sprays. So...I'm curious how much you all would charge for simple rose sprays.

Jen

9 replies
jennabell441 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:00am
post #2 of 10

Anyone?

Sugarflowers Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:49am
post #3 of 10

How big is the spray and are you making it or buying it? If you are making it, what is your skill level?

I guess a base price for a very small spray would be around $25.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Michele

jennabell441 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:41am
post #4 of 10

Thanks Michelle. My skill level is a beginner, but the wedding isn't until August so I have plenty of time to practice. I was thinking about $20-25 for a small spray with 2 full roses, 2 partially full and 1-2 buds.
Thanks again Michelle. BTW...your flowers are gorgeous!!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #5 of 10

Somebody recently told me that when it comes to charging for gp flowers, he checks online sites and catalogs to see their prices for a similar piece and charges accordingly. In some cases, if the cake requires a lot of work and/or a very intricate gp piece, he'll just order it instead of making it, so the cost is passed down to the customer so the price is still 'in line'.

jennabell441 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:00am
post #6 of 10

Thanks sugarplumfairy. It's funny you mentioned that because that is what I was doing as you replied to my message. It sounds like a good idea. I'm a beginner so if I find my skills aren't improving on the gumpaste roses then I will just order what I need. I feel like it is "cheating" though. icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:07am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Somebody recently told me that when it comes to charging for gp flowers, he checks online sites and catalogs to see their prices for a similar piece and charges accordingly. In some cases, if the cake requires a lot of work and/or a very intricate gp piece, he'll just order it instead of making it, so the cost is passed down to the customer so the price is still 'in line'.

That is an excellent idea!! Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:40am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabell441

Thanks sugarplumfairy. It's funny you mentioned that because that is what I was doing as you replied to my message. It sounds like a good idea. I'm a beginner so if I find my skills aren't improving on the gumpaste roses then I will just order what I need. I feel like it is "cheating" though. icon_redface.gif

Since you don't need them until August you could probably learn to make really nice roses. There is a DVD available that shows you how to make them at www.lickthespoonproductions.com.

Michele

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:49am
post #9 of 10

You're welcome. Actually the idea came from a fellow member here (I had to look up his user name) - Methos! The thanks should actually go to him, though I'm sure he's not the only one to have done this. Right, jennabelle? LOL icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

jennabell441 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:00pm
post #10 of 10

Guilty as charged sugar plumm fairy. icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%