Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By cakebaker1978 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 2:52am by mixinvixen

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 8

CC people!!

Does anyone have a good recipe for the cupcakes in a cupcake bouquet so they stay put? Any tips for making a cupcake bouquet?? Techniques?What do you use to keep them in place?? I know you need a flower pot with styrofoam in it...what are you all using for the sticks to keep them in there!! haha. I SO want to make one but I need the basics first....a great recipe and some tips from my CC people!!! Thanks everyone!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 8

OK, I have been looking around here and found a great recipe for the cupcakes, I am sure I can figure out the stick issue, but I am still open for any tips on making the bouquet!!!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 8

I've never made one before, but I'd like to try eventually. This is just a bump on the topic, I'd love to see what others say.

Oh, and I'd suggest using a cake recipe with butter (not oil) in it - those tend to be a bit more dense.

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 8

This tutorial is the best help for cupcake bouquets:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-600270-0.html

sandsher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandsher Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 8

I would love this information as well. I have tried twice to make a cupcake bouquet and both times, it flopped! I really want to make one. I would greatly appreciate any help!

SMcDonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMcDonald Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:05am
post #6 of 8

I have made them a couple times and had the same problem. The first set I made, I used a "scratch" recipe, not based on a boxed mix and they turned out great. Since then, I have tried two different times with different recipes made with a base of a mix and they have totally flopped. Sorry, I have been searching for the recipe that I used and I can't find it anywhere. I do know that the WASC does not work, but maybe something really dense like a pound cake would. The recipe I used (that I totally kicking myself that I can't find) turned out very, very dense. Also, I have been using just toothpicks to hold them up.

There is are pictures in my photos of the two I made that came out good.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:48am
post #7 of 8

you just made my night....

THAT'S MY TUTORIAL!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:52am
post #8 of 8

btw: this really can be done with any recipe. it's all about the structure, and if you'll use the dixie cups or plastic portion cups like i suggest in the tutorial, they take the weight of the cupcake...dowel rods is also what i used for the stick part.

i used three flavors for these...strawberry delight with vanilla bean creamcheese icing, orange dreamscicle with vanilla bean and orange infused cream cheese icing, and spiced carrot and ginger cake with vanilla bean and orange infuse cream cheese icing. the stawberry and orange ones are an extended mix, and the spice was from scratch and very moist.

give me shout if i can help with anything else!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%