12Yo Step-Daughter Likes A Boy

Lounge By Pookie59 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:26pm by emrldsky

Pookie59 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 6

So I'm thinking it's normal for boys and girls to like each other right? Well, her mom has grounded her for "having a boyfriend" and told her that she's not allowed to have a boyfriend until she's 16. (This is the same mom who stitched up the front of her daughter's perfectly normal bathing suit to hide her "cleavage". The girl is 12 and has no cleavage to speak of.)

I think its crazy to punish your child for liking a member of the opposite sex. All these two do is ride the bus together and see each other at school - there is no unsupervised "dating" going on. My stepdaughter is plenty upset with her mom. I think the whole thing is crazy and more about the mom being jealous of her daughter than anything else.

Comments?

5 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 6

. . . I feel sorry for the girl . . . icon_sad.gif . . . her mom is making serious mistakes (IMO) . . . perhaps the mom is trying to protect her daughter from "mistakes SHE made" at the same age . . . icon_confused.gif . . .

Pookie59 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know what she's thinking. I do think she's jealous of her smart, pretty daughter and she (the mom) is very, very competitive (and selfish). Furthermore, the mom has lived pretty wild, so the prude-ish sew-up-the-bathing-suit event threw us all for a loop.

danyellkepp Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 6

My daughter's step mother is the same way. When my DD goes to her dad's she always comes home upset because she doesn't see eye to eye with her step mom.

Example: My 13 year old daughter (stuck in the body of a 20 year old) has a pair of jeans that have a rip in the knee....no big deal right?!? Her step mom will not even let her wear those jeans around the house! Now I'm just as old fashioned as the next person but give me a break!

OK here's the kicker: The step mom owns a hair salon and has some of the freakiest hair-do I have ever seen....one week it's purple and the next it's blue, so what's the big deal about having a rip in her jeans??????

Pookie59 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyellkepp

My daughter's step mother is the same way. When my DD goes to her dad's she always comes home upset because she doesn't see eye to eye with her step mom.

Example: My 13 year old daughter (stuck in the body of a 20 year old) has a pair of jeans that have a rip in the knee....no big deal right?!? Her step mom will not even let her wear those jeans around the house! Now I'm just as old fashioned as the next person but give me a break!

OK here's the kicker: The step mom owns a hair salon and has some of the freakiest hair-do I have ever seen....one week it's purple and the next it's blue, so what's the big deal about having a rip in her jeans??????

Yep...I don't get it. I know my mom and I had a weird dynamic, mostly because my mom had so many sexual hangups. I had 3 boys and that's a whole different situation.

I think this situation is only going to get worse as my stepdaughter gets older. She already resents her mom. Whoo-boy, what's it gonna be like when she's 15 or 16???

emrldsky Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 6

Have any of these "crazy" [step]mothers watched the movie Carrie? If not, they should. Otherwise these girls could grow up, become telepathic, and kill the entire senior class at prom. icon_wink.gif

Just kidding...but those are really extreme measures to ward off promiscuous behavior of girls who aren't promiscuous. If they spent more time helping them respect themselves and their bodies, instead of wrapping them up and punishing them, they'd have better success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%