When Should I Bake?

Decorating By penney00 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:54am by penney00

penney00 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 5

Forgive me as I'm sure this has been asked over and over but I'm reaaly short on time. I'm having a birthday party for my 2 year old on Saturday. I'm baking the cake using the Wilton Blue's Clues cake pan. I'm also making lots of cupcakes. I plan to decorate the cake Friday night. Should I bake today and freeze it? When should I thaw it?

TIA!

4 replies
muddpuppy Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe take it out in the morning and decorate in the afternoon/evening...? I find it takes just a few hours for a cake to thaw... but that's just me.. icon_smile.gif

kelleym Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 5

If you bake today, wrap and freeze, and take the cake out of the freezer Friday morning. Let it thaw wrapped, and it should be completely ready for you to decorate Friday night. muddpuppy is right, cakes only take a few hours to thaw.

tonimarie Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 5

I actually frost frozen cakes all the time, I've never had a problem doing it. I've also frosted a cake and put it back in the freezer. Probably not the right thing to do, but it's worked for me, especially if I'm in a time crunch.

penney00 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate everyone's help. I've not done a character pan before so I sure hope it turns out good. It can't be that hard, right? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%