White Chocolate Fondant ?

Decorating By momma28 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 8:03pm by momma28

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 3

Everyone I know hates the taste of fondant ( i think its the texture really) I make mine homemade, reg and mmf, but use it only for accents.

I am good at smoothing buttercream but growing weary of the hours I sometimes spend going back to touch up the slightest imperfection (im a bit type A if you know what I mean). And the irregular shapes of carved cakes are especially labor intensive. I've read good things about Lawandas white chocolate fondant and have a couple of questions. Can you tint it easily. Does it have the same play doh feel in your mouth as fondant ( not a fan) and most importantly does it actually taste good. And by good I mean you REALLY want to eat it , not peel it off the cake before enjoying a slice.

Thanks all

2 replies
jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 3

To answer your questions easily.....yes, yes, and yes.

I've never had any trouble tinting the fondant different colors.
I'm afraid it does still have that chewy texture, I think it's pretty much a given with about any fondant you use.
And it tastes soooo much better than MMF. I really love the flavor of both the white and dark chocolate versions. Plus you have an endless variety of flavor combinations just by changing the coffee creamer flavor in the recipe.

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 3

I have a chocolate fondant recipe from the cake bible that tastes like rolled out tootsie rolls. I was hoping for something like that but tinable. Does it melt well in your mouth or is it very chewy? I'm afraid I am going to have to start charging extra for smooth buttercream just because of all the work involved.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%