I Cant Decide On My Own Birthdaycake

Decorating By Auryn Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:09pm by Auryn

Auryn Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 3

how messed up is that??
my birthday is next week- ill be turning 27.
I never have problems making cakes for other people, but I've been struggling for two weeks trying to decide what to make for my own birthday cake.
You would think someone who loves cake as much as I do would have a favorite and have no hesitations.

I wanted to make a cool sculpted dragon cake with fondant scales, but I think that you can't have layers and fillings with that kind of cake and I definitely want fillings so a regular shaped cake it is. Im a big fantasy/ ren faire type nerd but I still havent figured out how im going ot decorate it.

Anyway,
im hoping you guys can help, treat me like an annoying client who cant make up her mind on flavors or flavor combinations.

Im going to make a quick list of what I do like and don't like, hopefully that helps.

I dont like:
buttercreme: shortening or butter
icky synthetic flavors
cherry flavored anything

I really like:
chocolate (all forms types and permutations)
pastry cream (love cream puffs too)
peanut butter (the way it tastes when its in a chocolate cookie or in a reeses )
fruit
cream cheese fillings that have berries in them
wasc cake
tiramisu
fondant
marzipan

thats all I can think of right now
there will only be 6 of us max but we have no problem finishing lots of cake especially since i like having cake for breakfast hehehe

any help is greatly appreciated

2 replies
VeeJayOne Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 3

Is there going to be a party? Is there a party theme?

Auryn Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 3

im not having a party
I usually get really excited about my birthday but im kinda blah this year.

Its only going to be my boyfriend and I my parents and my brother and his girlfriend

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%