Baking Cake In Flower Pot Help Please!

Decorating By maliika Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:38am by paula1234

maliika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maliika Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 3

Hello!

I am making a cake for a movie party, and thought the bucket of popcorn idea would be really fun to try. A lot of people who've made this cake mentioned they baked it in a (lined, I'm assuming) flower pot to get the shape. Could anyone provide me with more guidance on this? How do you get the cake to bake evenly without over-doing the edges?

Thanks!

2 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 3

I was thinking you could make cupcakes! If you make mini popcorn buckets using cupcakes then they would already be in the shape of a bowl and you would have cute individual servings!! Use white fondant around each of them and add red stripes for the bowl and then make the popcorn shapes on top! I heard marshmallows work for popcorn! Hope this helped a little!!!!! Good luck!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I found a picture of what I was trying to describe!! I will attach it!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:38am
post #3 of 3

I have actually baked a cake in a terra cotta pot. My mother recently passed away and I finally got the nerve to clean out her kitchen and I am glad I did. She had an actual bundt pan that is in the shape of a flower pot. If you get online and look up baking with terra cotta pots, you will find alot of ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%