Smbc Or Imbc In Wilton 2 ???

Decorating By farmom3 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm by farmom3

farmom3 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 8

hi everybody .I am in wilton 2 and next sunday is my final day ,I just want to know can I use smbc or imbc instead of class buttercream ????
I don't like the taste and it's my mother-in-lows birthday I want use something you can eat !!! I just made smbc for cupcake but I don't know it's ok for piping basketweaves ???
thank you very much

7 replies
CrazyCakes13 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 8

If I remember my classes right, this is the basketweave. I would think the problem with using SMBC or IMBC is that you won't be able to whip it before using. Unless I guess you whip it, then walk right out the door. I hated the class buttercream, but I used 1/2 butter in mine, which makes it tastier. You could have a melting issue, but I didn't find mine to be a problem.

all4cake Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 8

Can you take a cake circle and class buttercream for practicing before applying any basketweave to the cake?

Then, have your mbc ready to use in a bag that you carry in a small cooler....maybe with one lunchbox sized cool pak. That way it doesn't get overly warm before you're ready to use it but you stll have the other to practice with...maybe?

farmom3 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 8

CrazyCakes13, thank you so much you are right I didn't think about whipiing ,and I think is the best make a taesty butterceram .

all4cake thank you very much you right I need some cooler and with a lots of thinghs I have to bring, I think this time better to stick with good buttercream

thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

CrazyCakes13 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 8

If you cut the shortening and replace some of it with butter, it will taste better. When I did my class, I flavoured it mocha and had a brown basket instead. I rarely stuck with the "proper" cake. My instructor was pretty cool with the different ideas we all had.

farmom3 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 8

yes I want a fall colore basket, even I made some acorn with color flow for my basket
can i ask how you flavored your buttercream in mocha sound very yammy icon_biggrin.gif
thanks

CrazyCakes13 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 8

I used 1 oz of semi sweet chocolate, melted and instead of vanilla & water to thin my icing, I used strong coffee (make sure it's cool). It was a hit - I used the cake as a birthday cake for a friend and a year later got a request from some for the exact same icing!

farmom3 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 8

thank you very much, CrazyCakes13 thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%