Please Dont Get Mad At Me..

Decorating By ChristianCakeBaker Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm by ChristianCakeBaker

ChristianCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianCakeBaker Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 6

but i was wondering how you charge people for cakes. i know theres methods out there. i was looking for base prices like what a sheet cake would cost and such. i've heard wilton has a pricing chart but i can't find it. so would someone please help me with this? thanks a bunch icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 6

a lot of it depends on your area and your level of decorating. I would do a search on this site and you will find lots of threads about this topic. It also depends on what you are doing on the cake.. fondant/gumpaste flowers extra, fondant covered cake extra, etc....

It is usually said to research decorators in your area to see what they are charging and then depending on your "credentials" ( licensed, years doing decorating, etc..) I would go from there. A lot of it is what you feel comfortable with also.

Hope this helps some

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 6

Here is a link to a friend's bakery in Oklahoma. She as reasonale pricing on her cakes so you could use them as a guide, then I would call around your area and see how these match . Hope this helps.

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 6
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 6

That is a really helpful link! Thanks for passing that on!

ChristianCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianCakeBaker Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 6

thanks so much, that link was really useful. it seems like everyone overcharges- but those prices were pretty reasonable. it gave me a sort of guideline that i think i will use.

once again thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%