Help! Wedding Cake Fell, And I Need Your Help!

Decorating By CAKESHERWAY Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm by KHalstead

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:49pm
post #61 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt

So sorry you had this happen...I did once---thought I'd have a nervous breakdown (I didn't), wished I could die (I didn't icon_rolleyes.gif ), KNEW I had to do something to prevent it happening ever again-I did!!! Since then I've used the SPS - -single plate system (the sticky for info on this is at the top of the "How Do I" subject in the forums. This is NOT the same as the stress free system (on Earlene's website). I have used it with square cakes. I just make sure that the card board square is larger than the round separator plate, don't forget to mark the center of the board before punching the nib in and you're all set. I'm not sure if this is the right way or not, but it sure works for me thumbs_up.gif.

Just wanted to add that the sps system carries square plates too!! So you don't HAVE to use a round one for a square cake unless you prefer to.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #62 of 63

YES! It does come in square. I just used it for the first time ever October 11th and man o man did it work well for me! I did my 1st stacked cake with it and it was a 12, 10, 8" wedding cake with TONS of buttercream leaves and flowers, so it was quite heavy. My fiance drove while I sat in the back praying it would get there in one piece, sweating bullets! I know some of you have been through that! Anyway, even when we turned a corner and the cake looked like it jiggled a little, it NEVER EVER Slid, or shifted! I was so impressed! Of course I still held on to it for dear life out of pure nervousness! icon_lol.gif I was afraid I didn't put it together correctly or the circle in the middle of the board wasn't right, but as it turns out, I did it just fine. You'll be so glad that you purchased them!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #63 of 63

I'm so scarred from my wedding caketastrophe that I won't even stack them beforehand LOL I stack em' once I get there and I still find myself praying all the way there!! lol Wedding cakes are so stressfull!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%