Question On Pricing...

Business By sillychef Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm by mouse13

sillychef Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:11am
post #1 of 9

Good evening all... I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this... I quoted a customer an amount for a cake, that I thought was more than fair. When I delivered it she said that she wanted to pay me more. I told her that I didn't think that was necessary, especially since I had quoted her the lower amount, and I didn't want her to think that I had done a more elaborate design on purpose to get more money. She insisted- but I am wondering if I should cash the check. What do you think??? Thanks !! icon_lol.gif

8 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:13am
post #2 of 9

Consider it a tip. She was very pleased with the cake you made and that is how she showed her appreciation. Cash the check.

karateka Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 9

Cash that baby!!

indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 9

what they said.

mommakristin Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with everyone!

Just think about it this way.. Clients like that who like to show their appreciation to you more than make up for those that show their tushs!!

calynmom Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 9

Cash it !! Consider it a compliment to your work.

FromScratch Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 9

Oh gosh.. cash it. She will be insulted if you don't. She obviously knows a good thing when she sees it and appreciates that. Too bad they can't all be like that. You earned it so cash it and next time she orders you can do something nice for her to thank her if you want.

sillychef Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much for all the great advice you guys- I will cash it. I have to say that I have been just so awestricken and inspired by all the beautiful artwork here- and to have such expertise around to ask questions is such a blessing! Thanks again! icon_lol.gif

mouse13 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 9

Your cakes are cute. Like they said just see it as a tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%