Upside Down Wedding Cake???

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm by PinkZiab

keonicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 6

Here's what I'm doing. But I need help in the construction and support of it, because I will be traveling with it and this is a new design for me. I'm going to do a 5 or 6 tier cake, just like a wedding cake, only upside down. smallest tier on the bottom with each tier a size larger going up. starting with 6-8-10-12-14-16. How do I make this to where it's not going to fall over? I've seen only a couple of pics of these cakes and they are awesome. It's being delivered to Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex on Sunday about 30 minutes from my place. HELP PLEASE!!!!
Thank you so much,
Amy

5 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 6

There are a few upside down cakes here in the galleries. The one that made the most sense to me uses (I think) the Wilton Tall Tier Cake Stand. It has a center post, you can arrange the plates in whatever order you like. and you can buy only the parts you need. IF you have a Wilton supplier locally, that is.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30BB93-475A-BAC0-52555DC793C1FEC1&fid=3E33109F-475A-BAC0-514197B5E889D67F

Do a search for "Upside Down" in the galleries ... disregard the pineapple upside down cakes, of course icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:33am
post #3 of 6

do you have to deliver it assembled? I would be worried about it being top heavy in a moving vehicle.

mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 6

I have been trying to figure out this thing too. I don't know why I didn't think of the floating tiered stand (duh! icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif ) Makes some kinda sense.

I need to make one of these for the Bridal Show in January, I think it would be a hoot!!!

If I had to deliver it I would totally assemble on site though.

I'll be watching this post for more info.

icon_lol.gif

keonicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 6

need more help on this one....

PinkZiab Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6

it's doable, but this is something where you need to do more than your typical/traditional support system and stacking methods, for something that large and top-heavy. My guess is you'll probably have to start with a PVC or large rod center support that is FIRMLY screwed into your base board, and go from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%