Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 17

I'm getting a hobby lobby near me!! The closest one right now is almost one hour away .. this one will be about 25 minutes away .. I can't wait!

16 replies
mommicakes Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 17

CONGRATS!!!! party.gif I wish we had one around here. Even the closest Michaels store is almost 1 1/2 hrs from me. icon_sad.gif

pastryjen Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:32am
post #3 of 17

Well that's gotta be something to be excited about!

TheCakerator Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 17

aww that is to bad mommicakes .. there is actually a jo anns right in my town, but it is not a super jo anns, it just basically sells fabric and some holiday decorations ... very,very few wilton items, wal mart actually carries a better supply of them in my town .. but I am very happy about hobby lobby coming this close!

susies1955 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 17

I have a Joann's a half hour away and Michaels over an hour. I have never even seen a Hobby Lobby before.
Susie in WAY UP THERE northern NY icon_smile.gif

mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 17

Yeah, Jo annes is about 1/2 hr from here, very tiny selection for anything cake related. I do have another little shoppe that I use ALL the time. It is the coolest store, it's called Everything But The Cook. He has EVERYTHING!!! wilton, kitchen aid, viking, emeril, all clad and TONS of kitchen gadgets. I can spend all day in there. A typical small New England shop.

liapsim Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 17

Our Hobby Lobby and Michaels is 20 minutes away. We also have a JoAnn's 20 minutes away but they don't carry ANY cake stuff!

TheCakerator Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 17

isn't it funny how some jo anns carry a lot of cake stuff, some a little, and some none at all? It really irritates me ...

emrldsky Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 17

Should I not mention that when Hobby Lobby moved in my town, it moved about a 5 minute drive from my home?

But in all seriousness, congrats. icon_smile.gif You'll LOVE it.

TheCakerator Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:27pm
post #10 of 17

five minutes down the road from me would be awesome, but I'll take a half hour drive over an hour drive any day!

rvercher23 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:29pm
post #11 of 17

I have a Hobby Lobby, Micheals, Joanns, an actual cake supply store and Walmart all with in 5-30 minutes from me. I guess I picked the right place to live.....LOL

juleskaye518 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:42pm
post #12 of 17

We got a Hobby Lobby and I am the happiest!! Check every week, as they always have coupons. About every other week it is for 40% off any one item. And at my store they take the 40% off the HIGHEST priced thing in your buggy!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:42pm
post #13 of 17

I have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby , JoAnns, Gourmet food store ( also carries cake supplies ) all within 10 mins from me and I have an awesome cake supply store about 45 mins from me.
My Walmart also has a great selection of cake supplies to !
Along with my Bed Bath and beyond also has a good selection.

susanscakecreations Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:50pm
post #14 of 17

I'm happy for you! The closest Michael's and Hobby Lobby is about 45 minutes away..........but with gas prices like they are............I have to make a list...........then again, maybe it's a GOOD thing they aren't closer!!!!!! I'd be there everyday!!!!!!! (love me some Hobby Lobby!!!)

sweetness_221 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:07pm
post #15 of 17

We have a Hobby Lobby. Michael's, a local cake supply store, and a Super Walmart. Plus they are building another Super Walmart. All of this within 5 miles. I guess I got lucky as well. Although I usually just shop at the local cake supply. He's awesome. If there's something that they don't have they will special order for you.

liapsim Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:48pm
post #16 of 17
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

isn't it funny how some jo anns carry a lot of cake stuff, some a little, and some none at all? It really irritates me ...

I know! Luckily we have a Walmart that has a large selection about 10 minutes away. So if I am out of the standard stuff...I can get it easily. But I wish Joann would carry more!

I wish we had a specialty store with cake items even within an hour drive! Just so I wouldn't have to order so much online!

TheCakerator Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm
post #17 of 17

well .. there is a joanns in my town, a super walmart in my town, and a specialty cake store only about fourty minutes away ... going in the same direction as the old hobby lobby .. now going the other way about 20 minutes I have two super jo anns a michaels now a new hobby lobby and another specialty cake store, about 30 minutes away .. so I feel pretty good about my selection, but Im still excited a hobby lobby will be closer then an hour away ....

Quote by @%username% on %date%