Just Got A Phone Call......guess What?!?

Decorating By edcjenv Updated 16 Aug 2005 , 5:00pm by stephanie214

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 25

Hi all! I'm so excited...I have to share!
I rec'd an order last week....this is the first referral type order...all others are usually friends/family/neighbors etc..

So the cakes were due Sat @ 11 am....the barbie cake (brianna) was for her daughters bday on Sat. The Baby cake (retro baby) was for the baby shower the next day. So...I dropped them off....she loved how they looked. And that's all I knew

She calls me this morning....she says:
"Hi Jennifer? This is Julie.....do you have a minute?"

"I just thought you should know something about your cakes..."

* AT THIS POINT I WAS FREAKING OUT THAT SOMETHING WENT WRONG BECAUSE OF THE TONE OF HER VOICE!*

She goes on to say "They were a smash hit, everyone loved them and wanted to know where I got them. there wasn't a single piece left over from either cake"....as a matter of fact there were 5 more people at the baby shower than expected and the lady who ordered it didn't even get a piece! But she said that was fine (I offered in advance to make cupcakes too just in case)

I told her not to lose my # she said"oh definitely not....you are very talented...you should be proud of yourself!" I so love that woman!

Anyway....we don't always get to hear such awesome feedback...I was excited and thought you guys would enjoy the story!

24 replies
pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 25

That is SO awesome! It's always great to hear compliments like that, especially after all the work that goes into the cake.

Congratulations!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 25

That is wonderful!! What a great confidence booster, 'huh?!! icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully many more orders will follow in the future!! So happy for you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 25

WooHoo! Way to go! That must be such a good feeling! icon_lol.gif Get ready, you will probably get at least a few orders, and that leads to a few more, and so on and so on! thumbs_up.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 25

Way to go. That's awesome to hear. Glad she though enough to call. Great job!

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 25

You go girl, It's always real nice to get feedback and I'm tickled pink for yaicon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 25

It makes my day when a customer calls (especially a new customer) and says "the cake was the hit of the party!! " I have one customer who tells me everyone asks off the bat.. "Is that a Ginny cake?".
Gives me the "warm fuzzies" I hope you get many more phone calls just like this one!!!!!! WTG

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 25

I'm so happy for your I'm getting teary-eyed! What a great weekend for you! Give yourself a big pat on the back, you're on your way!

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:35pm
post #9 of 25

thanx guys! It's just so exciting when someone who doesn't 'have to' be nice to you is so positive lol! I just thought it was very uplifting....I know we're all going to be getting lots of calls like this in the future right icon_smile.gif Thanx for all your encouragement.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 25

Great job!!!! Im soo excited for you. Your cakes are always perfection. lol Seriously though your cakes are great.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 25

What a good feeling, huh? Congrats! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:47pm
post #12 of 25

Woooo Hoooo For You Edcjenv,
I am sooooo Tickled for you & I know just how you feel, I got that call Last night at 9:30. when I saw the number and looked at the clock, cause the party was at 8:00 she was like everyone LOVED it, Not one piece left and Everyone wants your number. & It was her 1st time to order from me. But it just made my night that she called to Thank Me Again.. I was tickled that I could help her make her daughters day more special. Guess where she served it? Church.. after the service she had her daughter's b-day party. it was a Hit she said =0) sorry I didnt mean to ramble I am Really HAPPY for you Girl!!!!!

~Sweet~=0)~

amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 5:21pm
post #13 of 25

YAY!! That feels so good!

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 5:25pm
post #14 of 25

congrats it's so nice when someone calls with a positive note to often in life we complain and forget to compliment.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 5:55pm
post #15 of 25

That's great!!! You deserve it...both cakes were soooooo cute!!! thumbs_up.gif
traci

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:16pm
post #16 of 25

Oh that is awesome. good for you!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:21pm
post #17 of 25

That's great! I've started asking for feedback. I just hate not knowing especially if it's a large or tiered cake!

Congratulations!

Debbie

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:25pm
post #18 of 25

One more reason to make sure your phone number is ALWAYS on the box you deliver those cakes in, Ladies!! icon_smile.gif Good for you on some well deserved recognition!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:35pm
post #19 of 25

Congrats thumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:38pm
post #20 of 25

Congratulations icon_smile.gif It's always wonderful to hear positive feedback .. I feel it something we all need to hear icon_smile.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 6:47pm
post #21 of 25

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll get a lot of business from that party! Great job!

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 7:47pm
post #22 of 25

They were some very pretty cakes you made. I can see why she called with the nice comments!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 7:59pm
post #23 of 25

I'm happy for you too.... it's not every day you get a good solid compliment like that one...
Way to go girl...
cakegal

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 8:13pm
post #24 of 25

I've seen you cakes and the lady is right you are very talented!
More cake orders to come I'm sure thumbs_up.gif

Jen

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 5:00pm
post #25 of 25

Congrats on your big day.

Wishing many more to come your way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%