How To Make Brownie Pops ...

Decorating By JP Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 1:48am by CookiezNCupcakez

JP Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 8

I saw these great little treats on the Williams-Sonoma website and I want to duplicate the idea. I am not a cakeball person, so I want to use brownies. But, I have NO idea how to get them in a round shape. I searched the net for half-sphere silicone molds with no luck (and not I am out of time!). Any ideas for getting the right shape?

Here is the link to the inspiration:

7 replies
marion123 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:58am
post #2 of 8

I would just put them in mini cupcake pans.. I wouldn't use a liner and then when they are done, you can insert the stick and decorate them.

I would use a ice cream scooper to make sure that eachon eis the same amount.
Hope that helps. POst pictures, can't wait to see them!!

jukesbox Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #3 of 8

What if you baked them in a regular pan then used a round cookie cutter to cut them out after they've cooled then slide a stick into them?

AmandaPanda Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #4 of 8

i would probably overfill the pan a little so they bake up nice and deep and use a melon baller to scoop out a nice round brownie.

babybundt Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 8

i would bake a pan of chewy brownies and cool completely. then i would use a small scoop and scoop out the brownies and roll into a ball and insert a stick. do this until all the brownies are gone. then dip in melted chocolate and let set up. then pipe on the faces. i saw them in the catalogue also and thought i would try it too. icon_smile.gif

JP Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am going to try all three and then see what looks best.

MrsLev557 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 8

I can not remember where I read it, but I saw that someone posted when they made the brownie pops they scooped them out with a small ice cream scooper and rolled them a little once they scooped them out.
Have you looked at bakeralla's site, she does the cupcake pops she has a youtube video on it on her site...its awesome!

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #8 of 8

Just use the same method as cake balls!

Quote by @%username% on %date%