How To Make Brownie Pops ...

Decorating By JP Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 1:48am by CookiezNCupcakez

JP  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 8

I saw these great little treats on the Williams-Sonoma website and I want to duplicate the idea. I am not a cakeball person, so I want to use brownies. But, I have NO idea how to get them in a round shape. I searched the net for half-sphere silicone molds with no luck (and not I am out of time!). Any ideas for getting the right shape?

Here is the link to the inspiration:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/food/chocolates-confections/index.cfm

Thanks!

7 replies
 marion123  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:58am
post #2 of 8

I would just put them in mini cupcake pans.. I wouldn't use a liner and then when they are done, you can insert the stick and decorate them.

I would use a ice cream scooper to make sure that eachon eis the same amount.
Hope that helps. POst pictures, can't wait to see them!!

jukesbox  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #3 of 8

What if you baked them in a regular pan then used a round cookie cutter to cut them out after they've cooled then slide a stick into them?

AmandaPanda  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #4 of 8

i would probably overfill the pan a little so they bake up nice and deep and use a melon baller to scoop out a nice round brownie.

babybundt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 8

i would bake a pan of chewy brownies and cool completely. then i would use a small scoop and scoop out the brownies and roll into a ball and insert a stick. do this until all the brownies are gone. then dip in melted chocolate and let set up. then pipe on the faces. i saw them in the catalogue also and thought i would try it too. icon_smile.gif

JP  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am going to try all three and then see what looks best.

MrsLev557  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 8

I can not remember where I read it, but I saw that someone posted when they made the brownie pops they scooped them out with a small ice cream scooper and rolled them a little once they scooped them out.
Have you looked at bakeralla's site, she does the cupcake pops she has a youtube video on it on her site...its awesome!

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

Shirl

CookiezNCupcakez  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #8 of 8

Just use the same method as cake balls!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%