Does Anyone Know About Cake Decorating In Nebraska???

Business By Niliquely Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 4:52am by GI

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 5

I live WAY out in western Nebraska in the country and I need to know how to start my own business out of my own kitchen...I can't afford to add a second kitchen. What are the laws and regulations here? I went to the NE website and I can't find anything about 2nd kitchens, etc. Any other western-Nebraska people out there???? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

I was browsing the Business Forum Sticky on state laws re: bakeries and home businesses ... found this post on page 7. I didnt' read any further to see if there were any countering posts, so you might check out the thread: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=90

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzyzak

for nebraska.I made some calls today to find out information about getting a license. What I did find out is if you don't advertise and only do it 3 days or less a week you don't need one. If you do advertise you do need it. and one of the requrements is to have a seperate kitchen for a license if you live in lincoln or omaha there is a little more to getting the license. they did give me a website www.agr.ne.gov for a place to go to see the requirements in the dairies and food section. I hope this helps

stacey

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks - that helps me know where to look! I appreciate your time and help!!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 5

Wow, thanks for posting that info!! I just moved back home to Bellevue, that's great to know!!! Thanks IndyDebi for posting the info!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:52am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I was browsing the Business Forum Sticky on state laws re: bakeries and home businesses ... found this post on page 7. I didnt' read any further to see if there were any countering posts, so you might check out the thread: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=90

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzyzak

for nebraska.I made some calls today to find out information about getting a license. What I did find out is if you don't advertise and only do it 3 days or less a week you don't need one. If you do advertise you do need it. and one of the requrements is to have a seperate kitchen for a license if you live in lincoln or omaha there is a little more to getting the license. they did give me a website www.agr.ne.gov for a place to go to see the requirements in the dairies and food section. I hope this helps

stacey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%