Creat A 3 Tier Cheesecake

Decorating By Amy33 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 6:00pm by KHalstead

Amy33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy33 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

I found a picture of a gorgious 3 teir cheesecake...one stack directly on top of the other. do you think that you would stack a cheesecake just like a normal cake...with dowels...would that be enough support or do you think that it would fall through?

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 5

I would use the sps stacking system.......although I use that with ALL of my stacked cakes now.....it's a system of plates that have pillars that fit directly into the bottom of the cake.......you could probably stack jello if you had to with these things!!
Here is a pic of a cake I just did yesterday using this system and as you can see there are NO borders (the fondant ribbon was put on before I stacked the cakes) and they fit nice and tightly together even with the plates in there!!
LL

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 5

I agree after many disasters I feel more comfortable with stacking system

Amy33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy33 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 5

thanks so much...but what exactly is an sps stacking system and where can i get it ?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 5

it's made by bakery craft and I buy mine at oasis supply.com if you search the forums for sps and put "leahs" as the author/poster and search posts..........you'll see a million where she describes everything.....or you can just pm her and ask her to send you the directions for them..........then you'll understand what they are!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%