New Video: Beater Blade And More Bc Flowers

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 4:13am by SeriousCakes

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 10

I love this new blade! I remember seeing it on here from someone else but didn't think much of it. Well, my mind is changed, it's a must!
The cake design I got from Cupcake Cafe, love their stuff!!

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 10

I just ordered the sideswipe beater blade, hope it works as well.

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you SeriousCakes for your Youtube videos. I've already ordered a Beater Blade and I can't wait to try your flowers!! You are greatly appreciated!!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 10

I've been wondering about whether this blade would really work...your video made it apparant that I HAVE to have one! I found it on Amazon and used their "share this item" feature to send a hint to DH to buy it for me!

And I loved your interpretation of Cupcake Cafe's flowers. I love their work and you did a great job! I love that you made up your flowers as you went. Glad I'm not the only one! I like to tell people that I am Mother Nature so I can just invent new flowers species. LOL!!!

I have to tell you, I really enjoy watching all of your videos. It's very generous of you to take the time out of your busy schedule to produce them. You definitely go the extra mile! thumbs_up.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 10

Serious_Cakes: also wanted to let you know that I liked your seashell/C-scroll border. I tried it out on a cake that I made today. It's the fall leaves birthday cake I just posted in the gallery. I, too, like something more than just seashells. Great idea!

I also used the #104 tip to stripe the side of the cake. I can't remember if I saw this in one of your videos or not. I'm always looking for new techniques. (The cake looks sloppy because I use a non-crusting buttercream - too soft. I need to try the crusting buttercream but I don't like to experiment with recipes on cakes that aren't for me.)

SeriousCakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #6 of 10

Kim that cake is beautiful!! I tried to post a comment on it but the screen is all weird. Your handwriting is so nice too, I struggle every time I have to write on a cake (which is why I don't film that too often icon_wink.gif ).
I did do a video on striping the cake, I liked it but then I didn't like it, next time I'd like to try it with a 150 tip, I think that would look better.
Yeah, lol, me and the kids like to make 'fantasy' flowers, no other name for them! Get tired of just seeing roses, have to break outta the mold!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:37am
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the info on the beater blade, love your videos!

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:20am
post #8 of 10

Wow!! Another great video! Thank you for sharing. I still need to do my experiments. I started to last weekend, but lost interest without an actual cake to do. I think I'll be caking for hubby's office this weekend, so maybe I can try a few things.

Of course, now I have to add the beater blade to my shopping list. This is going to get out of hand quick!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:01am
post #9 of 10

SeriousCakes, does your buttercream frosting recipe crust? And I've seen your yellow cake recipe, do you have an easy chocolate cake recipe? I've yet to find one I like the taste, ease & texture. Still searching. I was also wondering, do any of your videos show the buttercream rosebuds that you pipe onto the cake? Like these... http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1183222 & http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=423383 . You're just so good w/ buttercream flowers & thought I'd ask . Thanks for your videos

SeriousCakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:13am
post #10 of 10

dandelion56602 -yep, within say 7-10 minutes, might take longer when it's humid out. For a awesome chocolate cake I use the one on the back of the Hershey box. It's easy, moist, and soooo good! No good for carving though, way too soft. But it's the only one I use and I'm not one for carving so it's perfect for me thumbs_up.gif
These 2 videos have some rosebuds at the end:

I don't do them exactly like Wilton's instructions but they turn out pretty good just the same icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%