Any Nkotb Fans Out There??

Lounge By chrissy410 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 12:24pm by KeltoKel

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:33am
post #1 of 14

I am proud to admit that I am a huge NKOTB fan and have been since I was about 10 years old. I actually went to their concert last night in San Antonio and I was just awestruck. I was a very sheltered little girl and wasn't allowed to attend their concerts all those years ago but I finally got to see them. The concert was wonderful and my throught still hurts from all the screaming. I know I'm 30 years old now, but I felt like a teenager again and it was just fun!!! I just wanted to know if there were any fans who were willing to admit they were fans too!!!

13 replies
Lisabellemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisabellemarie Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 14

I saw them in concert when I was 14 - and I SWEAR that Joey sang "Please Don't Go Girl" straight to me. I wanted to go to their concert now so badly, but no one I know will go with me!! Apparently they're not as cool as they used to be...or maybe it's ME that's not so cool!

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 14

Umm...how can a NKOTB fan leave out Jonathan in the poll?????? He was my favorite when I was younger, but now Jordan and Joe make me drool.

I saw them at The Borgata in NJ and am seeing them in Philly in November. Great show!

Here is a pic of Jordan that I took at the Borgata show...can you say YUMMY?!?!?!?!
LL

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:50am
post #4 of 14

Ugh.

I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:03am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Ugh.

I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork.

Pass that fork when you're finished please..........
I'm with chutzpah...........weren't they the group that "lip synced" at their concerts when they were little? Come on ladies, my 20 yr old daughter likes them and my 13 yr old niece.

I just don't get the music talent of today I guess....oh wait, that's because it's not talent. It's computer generated special effect crapolla. icon_rolleyes.gif

Proud to be turning into my late parents thumbs_up.gif

KeltoKel Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 14

HOLD ON HERE...I am 33 years old and I was a big fan of them when I was in my early teens - 13-16 years old. I have their new CD and have not even listened to all of it yet. It is just not my type of music anymore...

With that being said, seeing and hearing them takes me back to my youth. It was a care free time in my life, a very fond time with my friends, figuring out who I was, very innocent time for many girls. I can honestly say that liking NKOTB kept me OUT of trouble with boys when I was young. THey were the boys I was interested in at the time.

Just like some people like The Monkey's, Beatles, Temptations, etc., some of us still like NKOTB. They were one of the first white, American boy bands and they made millions. And they weren't the most talented when it came to singing, but who cares, they sounded great to a 13 year old!

I had a ton of fun at the concert with my girlfriends and that is what matters. You guys don't have to be so critical - I don't know your ages but perhaps you were too old or young for NKOTB.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:58pm
post #7 of 14

Awwww I was only teasing..........please don't take me seriously.

Heck, when I was 13 I was in LOVE with David Cassidy icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I remember my BFF's mother took us to see him when we were in the 6th grade, how embarassing is that to be at a concert with a MOM? We thought we were soooo cool! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

I'm very out of touch with the music today. Mostly I listen to the Old Rockers, Clapton, Stones, Beatles, AC/DC, Costello, Kinks, Who, Van Halen, Aerosmith etc..............but Rod Stewart has my heart icon_wink.gif My DH teases me that he looks like an "old wrinkly rocker" icon_cry.gif Love the Blues and Jazz too!

KeltoKel Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 14

No problem Deb. NKOTB do appeal to the early 30's gals. It was a different generation and I am surprised to hear they even have new (younger) fans.

But I will be the first to admit that they are not the best singers. My all time favorite artists are The Indigo Girls, Jason Mraz, Counting Crows, and Stevie Wonder.

AND - there is nothing wrong with David Cassidy. I know many ladies who still love him! Rod Stewart is a classic...!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #9 of 14

I loved Andy Gibb! And the Bee Gees.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 14

I am still in love with Richard Butler.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:55pm
post #11 of 14

Okay KeltoKel, I MUST HAVE that pic of Jordan! My BFF and I went to their concert Sunday night in Dallas, and I swear... that man is too fine for words! He was always my fave back in the day, but now that he has a man body... thumbs_up.gif

I loved NKOTB in the 2nd-4th grade. I was too young to go to any of their concerts back then, so I jumped at the chance to go this time around!

I didn't know what to expect. Actually, I thought it would be extremely cheesy, but we had so much fun! I screamed and sang until my vocal chords would no longer cooperate. I still pretended that Jordan was singing to me... (don't tell my husband icon_razz.gif ).

Actually, it was pretty funny that toward the end of the show Donnie asked the audience how many husbands were there, and after the cheering he said "you're all gonna get some sex tonight!". icon_lol.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeltoKel

But I will be the first to admit that they are not the best singers.

Actually, I think Jordan is a really great singer. He had a solo CD back in the late 90's that was pretty good. Plus, the man can move. He could have been the Justin Timberlake of the early 2000s (you know, before Justin Timberlake icon_razz.gif ).

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:45pm
post #13 of 14

OMG!!!
I loveeeeee NKOTB!!! I knew all their songs before I could even speak one word in English!
I had a notebook with all their pictures, lyrics, I knew their birthdays, favorite foodâ¦all kind of stuffâ¦ohhâ¦the old good innocent days⦠icon_rolleyes.gif

If I recall correctly Dannyâs and Jordanâs B-day are in May, Joe in December (30th I think) and Jonathan in November? I canât remember Donnyâs.
I might be wrong, that was many moons ago. icon_lol.gif

Hey! What happened to Jonathan in the poll?

KeltoKel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:24pm
post #14 of 14

I believe Donnie's is in August. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, Jordan does have the strongest voice, and I know all about his solo CD's, but he isn't a Josh Groban or anything like that. He had those CD's out before Justin and still didn't become Justin, so maybe it was bad timing. Speaking of which, I will admit the last Justin T. CD was really good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%