Satin Ice In The Fridge???

Decorating By Horselady Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 5:30am by miny

Horselady Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:22am
post #1 of 6

Is it okay to refridgerate Satin Ice? I have put MMF in the fridge with no issues other than it sweats when it comes out... When it dries all is good...

Will it be the same with Satin Ice? I just ordered some and need to use it with cream cheese fillings. So will it be an issue when it comes out? If I put silver dragees on it, will it bleed or ruin them?

5 replies
ceshell Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #2 of 6

I've never used it but have read about 1000 posts here stating that Satin Ice refrigerates with ZERO problems. If you were satisfied with refrigerating MMF I think you will be overjoyed with the way SI survives refrigeration.

However I cannot speak for the dragees issue, I have no idea if they will bleed...? Do dragees bleed?

miny Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:04am
post #3 of 6

SI is great for the fridge but I've never used dragees so I can't say if they bleed for sure, I'd think they don't because they're like hard candy but I don't know for sure.

lvspaisley Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 6

Is Satin Ice supposed to be refrigerated? I bought some and have about half left, but I haven't refrigerated it at all?

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #5 of 6

Yes, you can fridge it with no problems.

No, don't store it in the fridge.

miny Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:30am
post #6 of 6

It's not supposed to be stored in the fridge, it 'll keep for months on its original package but ones you use it on a cake it can be refrigerated and it won't mess your cake or bleed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%