Wish I Hadn't Seen That

Decorating By momma28 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm by superstar

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:36pm
post #31 of 33

I agree with you sweetness, my mother gave me a swat or two, but only if I deserved it. I don't see any problems with that type of parenting, and I don't understand why some people seem to get so offended...

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifonahil

I taught my girls if it didnt belong to you, then you did not touch it. I was a very strick mom. Thats why it drives me crazy when my brothers kids come over and they get into everything. And they break stuff. We work hard for our stuff and i don't want it broken. I should not have to child proof my home.

That's how I feel and felt when my kids were little I didn't put "breakables" away, I taught them from a young age what they could play with and what was off limits.

One Thanksgiving my DH's sister, husband and son were at our house. Our son's are the same age. I walked in my living room to find my than 7yr old nephew dancing on my coffee table (shoes on). His mother (my SIL) and her husband were just sitting there watching football not saying anything to the kid. My first house was over 100 yrs old and we had those old cast iron radiators, all I could picture was the kid falling off the table cracking his head open on the radiator. Finally, I said "please get down off the table".....he wouldn't, so I repeated it. He looked at his parents and said "do I have to?" His mother says "if Aunt Debbie says you do than I guess you do". The kid threw a hysterical fit screaming that "Aunt Debbie is mean", I couldn't believe the way his parents handled that situation.

Well, that was years ago, he's 18 now............probably sticking his fingers in people's Birthday cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #33 of 33

There have been many discussions on CC about badly behaved children. I firmly believe that you have to start training a child from the day it is born if you want the child to grow up to be a responsible, law abiding citizen. It is VERY hard to be a good parent & teach your child how to behave & it is VERY easy to be a bad parent & let your kids do what they like. Good parents can not be friends with their children until they are grown up, they have enough friends but only 2 parents. It is also not fair to inflict those children on other people, if a child does not get disciplined & learn that there are boundaries & rules, how does anyone expect them to know there are boundaries in life you do not cross. They will never know how to treat anyone with respect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%