Help!! "queen" Cake????

Decorating By dezzib27 Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 4:24pm by cupcakeco

dezzib27 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 3

Last minute cake for a friend of mine, she wants a "queen" cake for a "femme" man. Colors will be purple and like aqua blue. She does want a crown on top, so I as thinking of using the crown cookie cutter and making it out of gumpaste. Like i said last minute! I am having trouble coming up with something not for a child, but whimsical and i don't know, fun???? I NEED HELP!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

2 replies
miny Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:29am
post #2 of 3

Check the pillow cake and try adding some pearls, fethers, make-up, fake eyelashes, etc, you can make all of this in fondant, no need to let dry and put them on top, they like excess and shining stuff everywhere so make sure you use luster dust, HTH, let us know what you came out with, good luck!

cupcakeco Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 3

Last minute=ditch the cookie cutter idea! Go out to your local shopping mall or any halloween store and buy one of those plastic, rhinestone-clad, (some even have feather boa on them) child's tiaras for your topper. There are many pictures here on CC which have used them and Personally I think they're more fun than the hand-spun tiaras.

Quote by @%username% on %date%