Chocolate Cake With Pumpkin Pie Layer

Baking By thedessertdiva Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm by Jayde

thedessertdiva Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:41am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a recipe for this. I have seen the cakes with a cheesecake layer, but I was looking for a pumpkin pie layer. I was hoping to bake the cake and the pumpkin pie together as in one piece, bottom cake, top pie. is this possible?

3 replies
mazz Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

I do not know about baking the a cake with a pumpkin pie layer at the same time but I have torted a cake and put a pumpkin mousse in between the layers. This time a year Jello makes a pumpkin pudding.

Hope this will help if you can't find exactly what you are looking for.

Mike1394 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:01am
post #3 of 4

If you get the pie filling, and the cake batter close to the same consistancy I think it should work. That's why it works with a cheesecake batter. Let us know what ya find out.

Jayde Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 4

I would be afraid that your pumpkin would be raw and your cake over cooked. They require different temperatures, and different cooking times, to really be able to be cooked one on top of the other. Someone might be able to prove me wrong, but it would be a toughie.

Why dont you try using some pumpkin butter as filling?? You can buy it in your grocery store, and it tastes just like the pie filling.

Or you can just make your pumpkin pie filling, crustless (my MIL does it all the time), and then just invert over your cake once they are done and cooled a bit. It would work expecially well if you make the pumpkin in a springform pan, and lined the bottom with parchment paper. Invert once both are cooled, and then lift off the bottom and the parchment paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%